newest addition

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ohhh... she looks great! Nice and fat and healthy... beautiful color, too. I'm not biased or anything either... just my first ever Crested is that color! :D

Be sure she can find her food in that large viv... or just feed her in a separate enclosure for awhile (until she's larger).

It looks like there's a little residual shed on her toes. You can put her in a deli cup with a warm, moist paper towel and it will loosen up enough for you to rub off with a Qtip or pull free with some blunt tweezers. It's important to maintain her humidity at all times, and especially when she's about to shed. They lose toes and tail tips pretty easily when they're really small.

Good Luck!

I have babies hatching out every week now, if she ever needs a bud. ;)

Last edited:

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I alternate crix and babyfood/fruit for her (only had her about a week but thats the scheadual so far) and havent had any crickets left over yet, but i will keep that in mind a watch it.

The rest of the shed came off no problem (i mist each night after work) but i will go ahead and take that off with some tweasers if it might be a problem, i honestly didn't think much of it.

And i am actually thinking about getting a few more, maybe a blonde or some harleys. I like the really spotted dalmations as well. I just dont know about how well different sizes mix together...I read hatchlings and adults shouldnt be mixed but juvies i havent read anything on.

I recently got hired to be the department manager of reptiles and arachnids at a local pet store through my volunteer work with wildlife rehab for the state (and i think because im not afraid of the "bugs") and i decided to take home the little crestie.

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This site: www.pangeareptile.com has some great info and there's a friendly forum dedicated to Rhacs, as well. It's worth taking a look at, anyway. :)

Are you supplementing her food with calcium and multi-vitamins?

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pretty animal.

I also am the proud new owner of 2 crested geckos. I brought them home Saturday. They are really cute.

What is the optimal day/night temperatures for the cuties? I use a glass cover on their terrarium. It stays pretty mist, there is moisture on the glass. Should I mist daily even though the tank is humid?

I need all of the help I can get. LOL

Tom

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi Tom,

Congratulations! ..and welcome to another "addiction" :D

I keep my Cresteds at 70-75F days and it can drop to the 50F range nights.. usually 55-60F. If they have moisture in their tanks, I would only mist once at night.... just to ensure they have some clean and fresh water to lap up off the plants, etc.

They are arboreal and even at tiny size, they need plenty of cover/foliage and climbing apparatus... drift, grape, fake, bamboo, etc.

Be sure to supplement them with calcium and multi-vitamins or use the SuperFoods 2 part system or the TRex CGD. (If you use one of the prepared foods, be sure to read the mixing instructions... adding things takes away the "balance" of nutrients previously formulated and can actually harm your geckos in the long run. You can add things in, but you must supplement when doing so) I use the SF 2pt. system, supplemented fresh fruits and some organic baby food fruits (not desserts!), and various gutloaded/dusted bugs once a week (unless juvenile or younger... then more bugs more often).

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM me any time.

~Aminah

P.s. sorry for hijacking your thread, Logan

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feed my cresteds the t-rex diet. It says to mix 1 part diet to one part water. I also plan to feed 1/4 inch gut loaded crickets a few times a week (I always have crickets on hand to feed my other critters)

The petstore I bought them at breeds them and the breeder told me to be very careful when adding stuff like baby foods and other sweets as these animals are prone to get diabetes from them.

Would a very small wattage red bulb allow me to watch them when they are active at night? I don't want to disturb them.

Tom

FelanMoira

Arachnopeon
How cute!

~Aminah - I didn't know you bred cresties! I'll remember that when I'm ready to get into them!

AneesasMuse

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tom, I think the red bulb should be fine. I wouldn't leave it on, though. :)

FM, I just candled the next eggs due to hatch.. actually, past due... so whenever you're ready! I almost always have "holdbacks", too... but I trade them occasionally for other collection additions. Just check with me... no rush.

Last edited: