Newest addition

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Got a 2cm (bodylength, not dls) Avicularia purpurea small unsexed juvenile for €15.

It's really calm. Not skittish at all. Cleared the webbing and plant from the container i got it in, and it stayed in the container.

20160928_133559.jpg

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The setup looks good but you would probably be better off with adding cross ventilation on the sides. Unless there is already some there that I can't see in the picture.

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
I keep all my avics like that, sufficient ventilation. The pot the avic came in was soaked though. I keep mine on dry sub with a spray every 4 days.
Works fine 20160922_142244.jpg

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Got it yesterday. Expected a skittish attitude from it similar to a diversipes.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Got it yesterday. Expected a skittish attitude from it similar to a diversipes.
Divers, typically more skittish. With that said, owning it for ~24 hr is certainly not enough to write "really calm. Not skittish at all." heheh

After you have owned it for quite a while, let's see if the disposition is the same or not etc. ;)

Robyn8

Arachnoknight
Divers, typically more skittish. With that said, owning it for ~24 hr is certainly not enough to write "really calm. Not skittish at all." heheh

After you have owned it for quite a while, let's see if the disposition is the same or not etc. ;)
Well i removed the plant while the spider was on the side of the enclosure, i did not expected it to act so calm

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well i removed the plant while the spider was on the side of the enclosure, i did not expected it to act so calm
I understood that. My point was you have owned it for about a day, so the length of your experience is brief to say the least w/this T. ;)

It's like people who know someone for a few hours and say "oh he's just a wonderful person"....Really, people have said the same thing about serial killers :shifty:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
It's like people who know someone for a few hours and say "oh he's just a wonderful person"....Really, people have said the same thing about serial killers :shifty:
People have also said the same thing about serial killers they have known for years. :p

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Raised mine in the very same containers all the time - never had a problem with them. They worked great for me and still do.