TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone. I'm a newbie on the site as well as a newbie to tarantulas. I just got my first t (.5 inch G. pulchra) last week and think I may already be addicted.{D Although I can't tell its gender I've taken to calling it "Cool Legs Luke", since it has made several (unsuccessful) attempts to escape when I open the enclosure.

I look forward to my time here on Arachnoboards.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Welcome! I too am new to the hobby I started out a few months back with one Avicularia I now have seven of varying species consider yourself warned you will get more.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
WELCOME ABOARD.... its addicting I started out with a g.rosea now have 3 and a reptile expo comming up next weekend!!!!! I expect to come home with 3 more!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Welcome to the addition. I also bought a G. Pulchra sling as my first. Aren't they awesome!?

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
They are! Mine is very laid back, although it does have a penchant for trying to get out when I open the container. If he's intent on exploring maybe I should call him Magellan instead? Lol

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
Yes, I have fed it once since I got it (about a week ago). It freaked whenever I put in live crickets, but when I cut off a crickets' head and left it in the container overnight it was gone the next day.:D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Try introducing it to live animals slowly. I watched my Pulchra, Damien, eat a small cricket whole. It was so much fun to watch him/her pounce on the cricket and sink his/her teeth into it.

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
That's actually what I was thinking of doing. Let him get used to the idea that the crickets are food and not something scary. Thanks for the advice. Interesting note, my friend just got a G. rosea that didn't want to eat live crickets either, but when he threw in a live mealworm it took it right away.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Yep, tarantulas are a wonder. Crickets are fast, though, and can seem scary at the start...man, my sling ate that thing so fast!

TerribleGrizz

Arachnopeon
Lol now you've got me excited to see mine tackle a live one. I just fed him a couple days ago so I'll wait another day or two before offering him food again. I'll offer live first and if he doesn't go for it I'll kill it and then leave it in their for a few hours. Baby steps :)

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats and welcome. G. pulchra are absolutely awesome.
You have the right idea with your feeding regime. G. puclrha can be quite voracious when it comes to feeding. In no time at all your little one will be tackling crickets like a linebacker.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
T'Grizz, Welcome aboard and excellent first choice. Hope it turns out to be a Lukette for ya. :)

Terry

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Mmhmm, baby steps. I think mine is just aggressive. I like the more docile.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WELCOME ABOARD.... its addicting I started out with a g.rosea now have 3 and a reptile expo comming up next weekend!!!!! I expect to come home with 3 more!
Yeah, welcome to the S.S. Sea Spider. You'll never get off this ship now. {D