Newbie To Ts

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone i am Ryan 18, i live in Washington State. On christmas my brother gifted me a Avicularia avicularia after i talked about getting one for a few months. I dont know the sex, i presumed it a she a few days after i brought her home. (The pictures below are her) She is no longer in the critter cage after i read up on Avicularia avicularia it said. Being arboreal species, they require a relatively tall habitat with plenty of climbing space. I went out and got her just that.......the only downfall is i bought a top opening cage instead of a front. She likes to connect her web to the door and i feel bad every time i have to open it to feed her and wreck her web...I feed her crickets, and she is currently eating her first super worm, IDK if it is to early for superworms or not but she seems to like them. Feedback Please

Ps. Looking to buy a B. Smithi VERY SOON!

Attachments

Rob1985

This user has no status.
how much substrate do you have in there? I also noticed the lack of ventilation.

Arboreal's generally only need a couple inches of substrate and need cross ventilation. In addition to that, you should also get a piece of cork bark and lay it in there on end.

I bought my arboreal enclosure from here... he's a member of AB as well.

www.tarantulahomes.com

Last edited:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have moved her from the critter cage like i said. Purchased it like a week later, picture below is her cage. a little bare but i will be getting some plastic plants for show.

Last edited: