Newbie question =)

sugarshark

Arachnopeon
hi there, I am thinking of getting a Phormictopus cancerides and a Pamphobeteus antinous to my collection. currently I have only got 2 T's.
a Lasiodora parahybana and a Grammostola iheringi which requires little attention to be kept alive.

I am just wondering how hardy are Phormictopus cancerides and Pamphobeteus antinous compare to the 2 T's I have already got?
how about the living conditions? are those any different?

thx

Salt

Arachnopeon
hi there, I am thinking of getting a Phormictopus cancerides and a Pamphobeteus antinous to my collection. currently I have only got 2 T's.
a Lasiodora parahybana and a Grammostola iheringi which requires little attention to be kept alive.

I am just wondering how hardy are Phormictopus cancerides and Pamphobeteus antinous compare to the 2 T's I have already got?
how about the living conditions? are those any different?

thx
The P. cancerides is pretty easy to care for. Simple terrestrial set up, with a hide, water dish, peat moss etc. Humidity about 65-70%, temperature about 75f. They are nervous and skittish though, so handling is not recommended.

The P. antinous it big, also terrestrial but prefers a little more damp peat moss (and mix some vermiculite if you can). They're big, and known for being a little aggressive so be careful. Temperature about 80f, give them a large water bowl (but not too deep if it's not adult).

Good luck!

sugarshark

Arachnopeon
thx for the replies. Since I work 24/7 , I wouldnt want one that requires too much of my attetion. I read that for this breed, higher humidity is needed, but how much higher? if i just leave it bone dry like the others, would that be a problem? how adaptable is this breed?
thx