Newbie here

asher

Arachnosquire
Hey, I'm new to these forums and have enjoyed reading through all of the threads. My main interest is in entomology but I'm into spiders as well - unfortunately I'm not very good, but I'm getting better.

I recently went to Southern France and I've attached a photo of what I'm reasonably sure is Agelena labyrnthica (bottom photo, sorry for the bad quality). Above it is a photo of an egg sac which I was quite excited to see, since the spider had been acting sluggish around the house for a couple of days previously. I think this is also Agelena labyrnthica, although I read somewhere that they lay their eggs inside their funnel webs, so I'm a little confused.

Although the spider is very common, I was quite excited by the egg sac, however they're nothing like as exotic as the stuff you get across the pond :(

Attachments

asher

Arachnosquire
doesn't Entomology also include Arachnids, Myriapods and other Arthropods? :?
I think it only has to include insects, however as you say, most entomologists are pretty knowledgeable about all arthropods.

j-boy

Arachnopeon
Very nice!! I have one of those now and I going to pair her up with a male soon. I never got to get an egg sac from one of those.