Newbie help

jtb1988

Arachnopeon
Hey all I’m Justin. I very recently began my journey in the hobby on 5/9/21 when I purchased what the exotic pet store said to be a striped knee. I’ve done a good amount of research before purchasing but would appreciate help in identifying (I assume a pet store can be wrong about species) and possibly tips and pointers on husbandry ( the T was already in the enclosure when I purchased it) or any general information a novice like me is overlooking. With that said I have tried to feed my T a cricket on two separate occasions but it won’t eat. Any advice or reassurance on that topic is also greatly appreciated!

That’s the enclosure my T came with

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
A.seemanni. Enclosure could use some adjustments. I’ll let others fill in the rest.

jtb1988

Arachnopeon
Ok so definitely more substrate? Would filling a few more inches in my current enclosure be enough or is it better to get another enclosure? Just looking to get this set up up to snuff so my T can be happy and I can learn for when I add more to my collection

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey all I’m Justin. I very recently began my journey in the hobby on 5/9/21 when I purchased what the exotic pet store said to be a striped knee. I’ve done a good amount of research before purchasing but would appreciate help in identifying (I assume a pet store can be wrong about species) and possibly tips and pointers on husbandry ( the T was already in the enclosure when I purchased it) or any general information a novice like me is overlooking. With that said I have tried to feed my T a cricket on two separate occasions but it won’t eat. Any advice or reassurance on that topic is also greatly appreciated!
Rather than repeat all the info, search the forum for all the posts like yours- wealth of info

cold blood

Staff member
Would filling a few more inches in my current enclosure be enough or is it better to get another enclosure?
the enclosure is really large, but it will still work. You can certainly just fill it with substrate a good 2/3 of the way.

jtb1988

Arachnopeon
the enclosure is really large, but it will still work. You can certainly just fill it with substrate a good 2/3 of the way.
Thank for the advice! Like I said I’ve done very minor homework about T’s in general but I’m still learning as I go with species specific things so very much appreciated!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Just use above advice. Keep water dish full. And replace the mesh lid if it has one. If you can’t find specific answers by browsing the forum. Report back here and I’m sure someone will help you out.,