newbi here want help and advice ??

sam01scc

Arachnopeon
basicly i have never owned a scorpion but want to get a tank with more then one scorp maybe 3?

i know nothing as it stand but have been looking into all different scorpions

obv gotta be relitively easy to care for as dont wanna get in over my depth
i did want really small ones like max of 5-6cm but cant really find any :S
and well all beginners ive heard about have emporers but dunno if i like the look of them to big and app arent very active

some first can you guys help me decide on a species this wont be for ages yet but im planning to get some when i come back from china so would love for a chinese species but obv not critical

any other info need just ask
please help me :worship:

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
There are several scorpions you could try. One of my favorites is Rhopalurus junceus. It is a beautiful and incredible scorpion. However, its venom toxicity is moderate and it is not exactly for the beginner. Further research will give you more information.

There are a couple species native to or around China, at least that I know about. Mesobuthus spp. and Lychas spp. are both nice scorpions. Although I have never kept either of them, I know that both Mesobuthus and Lychas are active. They however, are moderately venomous as well, and aren't for the novice keeper. Many other scorpions that would be possible are Heterometrus spp., Hadogenes spp., Hadrurus spp., and Centruroides spp. Heterometrus has very mild venom and both Hadogenes and Hadrurus have mild venom. Hadrurus is very active and hardy, and the first three species are long lived. Centruroides are also possible but some of its members are highly toxic, so be careful. Like I said before, futher research will give you more information. Good luck.;)

sam01scc

Arachnopeon
wow ok looks like i got me some copy and pasting of those names into google ahead of me lol thanks tho bud ill let you know what i think of them most probs tomoz night

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some species that are from East Asian descent that are also in the U.S. hobby consists of: lychas mucronatus, Mesobuthus martensii, Heterometrus (petersii, spinifer, longimanus, laoticus), Liocheles australasiae, and the occasional Chaerilus celebensis may come your way as well. Just understand that scorpion keeping may not be quite as stimulating or threatening as some of the people taken with novelty make it out to be (not speaking of anyone in particular). Do your research on the particular species you want to purchase ,invest in a pair of 10-12" long tweezers for maintenance and treat all specimens you keep with respect and you'll do just fine.

sam01scc

Arachnopeon
Some species that are from East Asian descent that are also in the U.S. hobby consists of: lychas mucronatus, Mesobuthus martensii, Heterometrus (petersii, spinifer, longimanus, laoticus), Liocheles australasiae, and the occasional Chaerilus celebensis may come your way as well. Just understand that scorpion keeping may not be quite as stimulating or threatening as some of the people taken with novelty make it out to be (not speaking of anyone in particular). Do your research on the particular species you want to purchase ,invest in a pair of 10-12" long tweezers for maintenance and treat all specimens you keep with respect and you'll do just fine.
ok thanks bud again ill have at look into these species i do like the look of these Vaejovis carolinianus maybe get like 3 but ill look into all the above ^^^ see if any take my fancy

and what does spp mean ?

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
ok thanks bud again ill have at look into these species i do like the look of these Vaejovis carolinianus maybe get like 3 but ill look into all the above ^^^ see if any take my fancy

and what does spp mean ?
Spp. simply means 'species'. Vaejovis carolinianus is a good species, but I've heard they don't live very long. You may want to look into that. Good luck choosing!:)

sam01scc

Arachnopeon
o ok thanks lol
yer think i might settle on them but early days yet im still looking about

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

i also quite like these Uroctonus mordax

both these species are communle so i could have 3 in one tank yer ?
buttttt can you have different species living together ???

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Spp. simply means 'species'. Vaejovis carolinianus is a good species, but I've heard they don't live very long. You may want to look into that. Good luck choosing!:)
That is not correct.

spp: means all species of a genus
sp: means species

;)