Newbe here - Species identification and enclosure setup

CentiPete

Arachnopeon
Hello Board, nice to read you. I have been gifted a centipede from a friend, and wanted to know what kind of species I got. From what I have foudn on the web, it looks like a Scolopendra dehaani, but I am not 100% sure. I setup a small enclosure, with substrate to dig around in, and some other stuff to make it look nice.
I would like feedback of the setup. The animal has not eaten in the two weeks since I got it. My friend said it was eating anything he would give him before.

It is super active though, digging around, doing all kinds of centipede stuff and seemingly enjoying all the spots in the terra.
I tried offering live locust and live roaches, with tweezers, also prekilled insects, in ll instances, the centipede would go crazy and flee instead of attacking right away, like you can see in so many videos.

Sorry for wall of text, here are some pictures:

20200129_222953.jpg
20200130_003718.jpg

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Wow, that's a beast! I don't know anything about centipedes but good find.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Don’t worry about humidity; just keep the substrate moist.

Your centipede is indeed S. dehaani. Your enclosure looks good also. The lack of interest in food isn’t an issue. It probably just isn't hungry.

CentiPete

Arachnopeon
Thanks everybody! :)
I dont have a hygrometer inside the enclosure yet, so I cannot say anything accurate about the humidity. I am a bit concerned about the little droplets of water accumulating on the glass beneath the soillevel. The condense water does evaporate somewhat during the day and returns again later, but I fear it could cause mold to develop in a couple days.