New Year's Molt

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My A. Avic. molted today! I thought I'd share a pic of how she looks now.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sure is a lot of red in the abdomen! I've never seen an A. avicularia with so much red. Really pretty!

BD

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. avics can definitely surprise you with the variety of colors they can display. Especially after a molt. :)

Atrax

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the complement.....she had absolutely no red on her before she molted...I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe one day she'll have babies.... :)

KelliH

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She's very pretty! My A. avicularia is one of my favorites, she is beautiful and sweet as pie too! Totally docile and trustworthy.

I hope you get some babies from yours someday, that would be cool.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
WOW, what eight great legs !! =D Shes a beaut ! Mine is still so small, 21/2 inches....waiting to molt...

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Beautiful spider!

Joy

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
WOW!

How long has it been before moults? I have had mine since September, and it hasn't moulted yet! It has not eaten anything in a long time! But it ate around 6-7 crickets before stopping to eat! How big is yours? Great pics!

James

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't know how long its been since she molted the last time, I just got her two weeks ago. She hasn't eaten anything since, but that will change when she hardens....thanks for the complements, I love showing her off.