New world tarantulas without urticating hair

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Genera Tapinauchenius, Pseudoclamoris, Psalmopoeus, Acanthopelma, Euthycaelus, Guyruita, Sickius, Neoholothele, Schismatothele, Catumiri, Dolichothele, Heterothele, Holothele, Ischnoculus, Reichligia, and Trichopelma. (May be missing something as I made this list some time ago.)

fried rice

Arachnoknight
Genera Tapinauchenius, Pseudoclamoris, Psalmopoeus, Acanthopelma, Euthycaelus, Guyruita, Sickius, Neoholothele, Schismatothele, Catumiri, Dolichothele, Heterothele, Holothele, Ischnoculus, Reichligia, and Trichopelma. (May be missing something as I made this list some time ago.)
Wow! I didn’t know there were that many!

StampFan

Arachnodemon
There are also T's that don't "flick" their urticating hairs. Avics for example have to *rub* them on you.

Moebius

Arachnopeon
Didn't know Dolichothele were amongst those; definitely bumps them up my bucket list a bit more for D. diamantinensis. I love GBBS but wow, the hairs are nasty for me. Having something similar in coloration, but minus that would be a big plus.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Aren't Heterothele from africa?

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Interestingly, a lot of those seem to be some of the more defensive NW’s....which makes sense.

I sort of think of T’s without urticating hairs being like declawed cats. More likely to bite (for ex) because they lack a “first” defense.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most of them, yet there is also one in America. While I personally believe it to be misclasified, until official proof we are to take it as it is. Btw the same is true for Ischnocolus.
Aha, yes i think i have read this before. I was just thinking of H villosella and H gabenoensis

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Most of them, yet there is also one in America. While I persona:)lly believe it to be misclasified, until official proof we are to take it as it is. Btw the same is true for Ischnocolus.
Just learned something new. Thanks!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Didn't know Dolichothele were amongst those; definitely bumps them up my bucket list a bit more for D. diamantinensis. I love GBBS but wow, the hairs are nasty for me. Having something similar in coloration, but minus that would be a big plus.
A lack of urticating hairs is just one of many reasons why D. diamantinensis is better than C. cyaneopubescens IMO.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon

They just sorta angle the abdomen and try and press you with the hairs. You can also get haired via webbing as they'll still defensively place hairs within their web tubes.
That
Is
ADORABLE AHHHHHH I know she’s scared and being defensive but it’s so cute look at her wiggle her bottom :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
That
Is
ADORABLE AHHHHHH I know she’s scared and being defensive but it’s so cute look at her wiggle her bottom :arghh::arghh::arghh:
When I was removing the molt from my juvenile female's enclosure, she waggled her butt at me as her attempt at a threat posture.

I thought it was funny, but I guess I should've taken the "threat" more seriously, because I ended up with quite a few of the hairs from her molt on me anyway, and it's very itchy. Touché, butt waggler.

Butterbean83

Arachnopeon
Old post I know but could I just ask which if these are terrestrial or are they all arboreal as I would love to find a terrestrial new world species that doesn't flick hair to begin with. Thankyou 😁😁