New World Tarantula Question

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I feel like a newbie just about now asking a newbie question. I have a few females Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" one of my females produced a sac earlier this year, she has molted since than and now she is calling out my mature male with her mating dance. So my question is has anyone experience this with a new world species ready to mate again after producing a sac and maybe with some hope she'll produce back to back egg sac?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Many of these came in gravid was that the case with your girl or did you pair her?

I have a friend that if I remeber correctly say that one of hers came in gravid and double clutched. I just texted her to confirm but I haven't gotten a responce yet so at this point it's hearsay..

IMO if she is recently molted and has good body weight give it a shot..

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Many of these came in gravid was that the case with your girl or did you pair her?

I have a friend that if I remeber correctly say that one of hers came in gravid and double clutched. I just texted her to confirm but I haven't gotten a responce yet so at this point it's hearsay..

IMO if she is recently molted and has good body weight give it a shot..
Well that's interesting, did you get a response back from your friend?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just did and I was mistaken.. She has never had them double clutch..
I've always wonder if a new world tarantula can double clutch.

Last night I decided to pair my female that produced a sac earlier this year and as I stated before she has molted since. Will see if she produces again.