New Wolfiie :]

davisfam

Arachnoknight
We found this gal on our front door step last night, she's extremely timid for being a Wolfiie. We're assuming at first glance, she belongs to the Genus Hogna but we're not definite on a species; most likely H. lenta.

Here are a few photo's we took this afternoon:

More Photos:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/kelseyjane10/Spiders and Such/NewWolfiieDecember20109.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/kelseyjane10/Spiders and Such/NewWolfiieDecember20106.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/kelseyjane10/Spiders and Such/NewWolfiieDecember20101-1.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i11/kelseyjane10/Spiders and Such/NewWolfiieDecember20102.jpg

Silberrücken

Arachnoangel
HI!!!!!!!!! Welcome back!!!!! :):):)

So now all my bigger Wolfies are identified as Hogna lentas! :clap::clap::clap:

Your new girl is very very pretty, and she looks gravid too. :D The timidness you describe is exactly how my Mama Wolf was when I found her. Poor girl was very cold (found her in my tiled bathroom) and once she warmed up she promptly made an eggsac... :eek: LOL!

My male that you were interested in was also a Hogna lenta. Prettiest boy I ever saw... I miss that one a lot... :(

See? The Wolfies know where to go if they need a good home! :D

Great pics, btw! Again, glad to know you're back! You know 2 of us missed y'all!!! {D

S.

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

PS-she won't be timid very long!!!

Vespula

Arachnodemon
She's very pretty! You're lucky to still be finding them. I've been out trying to find some ever since my classes let out earlier this month... Maybe I'll find something soon. Awesome spider!

davisfam

Arachnoknight
Thaaanks EVERYone! :D We thought she was quite the beauty as well and we'll prob. end up keeping her due to my bad habit of "babying" spidiies during the colder months, LOL! :p

Vespula; I sure hope you find a spidiie soon as well.. it's going to start getting extremely cold in the northern states here soon. We were in Illinois from Thanksgiving until December 15th and the temperatures were reaching as low as -2 degrees during the evening hours. I, of course, rescued a Jumping spidiie in IL during that time period from the snow covered freezing outdoors and brought the little one back to FL with us, HaHa! :p I'm sure you'll find something or heck, spidiies may start coming TO YOU seeking warmth inside your house soo, be on the look-out! :] GOOD LUCK!

Silberrücken; THANKS! This gal better not be prego, LOL! We don't want any H. lenta slings at the moment. All we're on the search for as far as Wolfiies go is that darn Hogna carolinensis.. such a BEAUtiful specimen! :] There are a few expo's coming up in the future months that we're going to attend and hopefully stumble across something fabuuulous! ;)

P.S. IM us about those Fishing spidiies, if your still interested :]

revilo

Arachnoknight
hi !

again a really nice one {D
so now i know where poeple which live in a holiday region spend their own holidays...:D:rolleyes:

in my stock i have 3 new species, too.

0,0,1 hogna radiata (the nominate hogna of the genus) and one adult female that seems to be this species too (but for sure a hogna).
2,2 geolycosa vultuosa. but what a badluck, the males are adult, but the females still have one molt to go - so mating will probably not be possible :(
and 0,1 of a species traded as lycosa emuncta, but i don't belive that this is a lycosa.
the last one was building a shelter immediatly after i get her, so i hope she build an eggsac, because the preowner told me she was mated and builded one fertile eggsac before.
pics follow (in an other thread).

regards, oli

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Yeah, it's getting colder. Thankfully it itsn't *That* cold yet here in Mississippi. I think our coldest has been about 21 degrees F. Still to cold for me. I hope a spider shows up soon. If not, my Rabidosa rabida can keep me company. :D I remember a few years ago, the biggest wolf spider I've ever seen wandered into the house. Maybe she'll come back... or one of her babies...:D