New Western Hognose

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice looking snake. i love my western hognose, she really makes a great pet. very easy to keep, mine is eating f/t and quite docile.

enjoy! :)

SgrigS

Arachnopeon
Thanks I just hope the sand i am keeping him in is ok, and not too fine? Have not owned MANY serpents but by far one of the best...SO FAR!

Snakefox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome hoggie they are to funny. One of the best pet snakes out there. I currently breed them I love them so much. If it is not allready try to get it to eat frozen thawed mice this makes them much less picky lator on in life and that is a hoggie life saver. I allways say baby picky eaters make there owners lose sleep.
Also on the sand this my be differnt for others but with mine I keep them on sand for a week and my big female hated it so much she would climb anything to get off it. You could tell the way it got trapped in her scoots was just irritating to her. My male didn't care about the sand except that he really likes to dig "some hogs do" and he seemed to have a problem with digging in the sand.
So I swithed to that coconut litter the bed a beast or eco earth what ever name it gose by. It is that brick you put in water and it expanes in to nice dirt. They love that and it makes digging so much easyer. My sand boas seem to like it better also.
Hope that helps :) You have a real cute one there.

secular

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i use aspen bedding with my hognose. she seems to like it. the eco-earth or bed-a-beast etc probably works great as well. i do use sand for my sand boa, i just get "play sand" from the home depot for her. most of her time is spent buried in that, maybe you'll see a bit of her head, or catch her out at night. the hognose is much more visible and spends lots of time sitting out during the day. :)