New Video/Pics of Goomba the Pyxie Frog!

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is Goombas new water setup. It's considerably larger than his previous 12 inch circular bucket. He seems to really like it. I must have startled him, he sunk underneath like a little sausage in this first pic. He's grown marginally over the last month in terms of SVL, but has beefed up a bit. I also think he's gotten darker and matured a bit in terms of his coloration.

PICS

VIDEO

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upE5MKnfSew[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upE5MKnfSew

POST-FEEDING SHOTS

A quick post-feeding shot from a few minutes ago...He just ate an adult mouse, theyre starting to seem smaller and smaller for him, haha.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow:eek: :clap: that is 1 beautiful pixie,i love the orange coloration on the green.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gorgeous, fat, and big pixie! Is it a male?
Yes. Adolescent male. He's croaked sporadically, and keeps growing and beefing up steadily. He's at around 6 inches SVL, and putting on mass more and more. I have had him for 7.5 months, since he was just under 2.5 inches SVL, he has slowed down with his growth spurts, but as I mentioned, he's not stopping. I can't wait till next year. i hope I'll be weighing him in pounds, hah.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes. Adolescent male. He's croaked sporadically, and keeps growing and beefing up steadily. He's at around 6 inches SVL, and putting on mass more and more. I have had him for 7.5 months, since he was just under 2.5 inches SVL, he has slowed down with his growth spurts, but as I mentioned, he's not stopping. I can't wait till next year. i hope I'll be weighing him in pounds, hah.
Oh cool. Wow that guy sure does grow fast. I really hope to pick one of these up at the next show. How much does he weight now?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh cool. Wow that guy sure does grow fast. I really hope to pick one of these up at the next show. How much does he weight now?
No idea yet, but he's rather hefty. I may use a scale some time, that is, if he doesnt rage and jump off.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
he's a good loking critter , but you might want to build some kind of ramp for him to get out of his water bowl , lol . looked like he was having a little problem there .

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ah alright, cool. You should do it, I'm very interested in knowing how much this guy weighs.

By the way, that video is highly entertaining. Watching that frog try to get out of the tub to eat the mouse is hilarious. I like what he does with his hands as well when he is trying to swallow the frog.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
he's a good loking critter , but you might want to build some kind of ramp for him to get out of his water bowl , lol . looked like he was having a little problem there .
Hahah, yea, he usually doesnt have a problem. I think he was too anxious and didnt account for his fat hands. I'm putting some nice river rocks in soon I think.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah alright, cool. You should do it, I'm very interested in knowing how much this guy weighs.

By the way, that video is highly entertaining. Watching that frog try to get out of the tub to eat the mouse is hilarious. I like what he does with his hands as well when he is trying to swallow the frog.
Haha, yea, he's a card and a half. Have you seen my other videos on youtube? You should check them out, they're chock full of froggy badassness.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, yea, he's a card and a half. Have you seen my other videos on youtube? You should check them out, they're chock full of froggy badassness.
Haha I've only seen the ones you've posted here. I'll check them out in a few.:}