New very important addition

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey
It's been a while since I added anything new to my collection (about 5 months) but today I took delivery of a very important and beautiful little(ish) boy that's right I knowingly purchased a male and not a mature male I've managed to find a juvenile male Pamphobeteus sp mascara and I just so happen to already have an adult female (young) so hopefully in about 18-24 months time I'll have a breeding pair so that there's more of these beautiful species around.
In true Pamphobeteus style 5 minutes after being moved into his new home he had lunch and seems to be enjoying it.
Anyway here's the handsome fella I just hope in the future his girlfriend likes him and not in a lunch kind of way _20170104_114739.JPG

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Beautiful species, hope they will like each other when it comes to mating :)

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely need more sp. Mascara. I could definitely use one.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Definitely need more sp. Mascara. I could definitely use one.
I agree 100% they are my favourite Pamphobeteus and probably the most overlooked when they are around because they aren't as colourful as some other Pamphobeteus like say nigricolor,machalla etc.
The big payoff with this species is they are easier to care for than some other Pamphobeteus because they come from either costal rain forests or dry scrubland in Ecuador, so it means you can keep them like all other Pamphobeteus moist or like a Brachypelma I keep mine like a Brachypelma and she's thriving.

I don't know how easy or hard they are to breed because there's very little information in general about this species as they are undescribed.
But the little information I do know I've picked up through keeping this species also the breeder where my female came from as a sling told me that when these hatch they are large like T blondi at around 2cm and based around that I'd say they aren't going to be producing a huge amount of eggs unless the sac is the size of a football (soccer). This is why I love Pamphobeteus sp mascara she's a young female just over 6" she's beautiful big and so very calm she's never flicked or threat posed IMG_20160629_224853.jpg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Lovely lady :)
It makes me chuckle a bit every time i read the species locality though 'mascara'. Almost expecting some awesome eyelashes on the lady :p

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lovely lady :)
It makes me chuckle a bit every time i read the species locality though 'mascara'. Almost expecting some awesome eyelashes on the lady :p
Maybe the local lady folk in the area wear pink mascara hence the name because of the pink setae

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Maybe the local lady folk in the area wear pink mascara hence the name because of the pink setae
Lol, i actually googled the word mascara for this. Apparently the word has nothing to do with that region, but is a derivate of the word masking.
Just a useless piece of not needed and offtopic knowledge :D.

Carry on with serious stuff gentlemen :D