new uroplectes olivaceus, u. triangulifer, and tityus stigmurus pics

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
good question with the tityus. i have no clue why she died. she was out and about and made her home in the side of a piece of wood that came with the aquarium. the most recent thing i did is add a pile of sticks to her enclosure from outside. maybe she's allergic to one of them. the stick in top of the picture was her original home she lived in that. i wish there is some kind of autopsy to know what i did wrong, or if she died from smoking with cigarettes or something?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most of the time we never know why they die. T.stigmurus is a very hardy species that can tolerate non-ideal captive conditions for quite some time. Maybe the specimen was sick, weak or both.

If you mean that it died from your sigarette smoke, I doubt that. I am smoker and my scorpions used to be in the living room, and both me and my wife smoked their, friends etc etc and never did one of my scorps die from that.
Insects are more vulnerable, because nicotine is a natural pesticide, I read this somewhere. It can kill things like preying mantids....

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most of the time we never know why they die. T.stigmurus is a very hardy species that can tolerate non-ideal captive conditions for quite some time. Maybe the specimen was sick, weak or both.

If you mean that it died from your sigarette smoke, I doubt that. I am smoker and my scorpions used to be in the living room, and both me and my wife smoked their, friends etc etc and never did one of my scorps die from that.
Insects are more vulnerable, because nicotine is a natural pesticide, I read this somewhere. It can kill things like preying mantids....
Thx michiel, now i know why my mantis died, one after another :wall: