New Ts!

Alana

Arachnopeon
I got a delivery this morning of some lovely new Ts. Apologies for the rubbish phone photos, they really don't do them justice.

First off is a 4-5" P. formosa. Absolutely gorgeous and the rehouse couldn't have gone more smoothly. I'm glad I put it straight in its final home though, I don't think I'd fancy moving it again.
DSC_0072.JPG

Next up is a 3-4" T. ockerti. This photo does no justice at all for the colours, the abdomen is bright red, really stunning. Like a big raspberry on its bum!
DSC_0059.JPG

And then there was supposed to be an A. bicegoi, but that didn't work out :( so I got a 2" P. sazimai instead. Fingers crossed it turns out female, because they are truly stunning as adults.
DSC_0061.JPG

I also got a 2" G. pulchra, which was so skittish I couldn't get a decent photo, and a tiny little A. versiclolor sling. Waiting for some Psalmos and a Tap and then that's me done for a little while.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Beautiful additions! How will you be keeping your T. ockerti? I've read they can be kept as terrestrial or arboreal. I love their metallic emerald coloration, it's so understated and majestic!

Alana

Arachnopeon
Thank you! I'm keeping it arboreal, which is what they seem to prefer from what I've read. If it's behaviour shows a preference for terrestrial living then I'll change it. So far it hasn't been near the floor though, it went straight up the cork tube and hid near the top.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Beautiful additions! How will you be keeping your T. ockerti? I've read they can be kept as terrestrial or arboreal. I love their metallic emerald coloration, it's so understated and majestic!
The consensus is definitely arboreal. Those who have kept them terrestrial have reported much higher incidents of defensive and skittish behavior and the spider did not thrive. When they adjusted their enclosure to arboreal - they were far less skittish and defensive.
I have a spiderling as well and they are really fabulous. I don't know why you don't see more of them.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Thank you! I'm keeping it arboreal, which is what they seem to prefer from what I've read. If it's behaviour shows a preference for terrestrial living then I'll change it. So far it hasn't been near the floor though, it went straight up the cork tube and hid near the top.
never knew that, pretty cool.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
The consensus is definitely arboreal. Those who have kept them terrestrial have reported much higher incidents of defensive and skittish behavior and the spider did not thrive. When they adjusted their enclosure to arboreal - they were far less skittish and defensive.
I have a spiderling as well and they are really fabulous. I don't know why you don't see more of them.
Good to know! I definitely plan on obtaining one at some point--seems like my Theraphosid wish list gets bigger every day! :eek: