New toy

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my new blacklight in the mail today. Its a maglight with a 32led attatchment and a nifty rechargable battery. It works pretty well. A little too well. In the process of playing with it I found 3 vittatus molts under my couch.

Little bastards.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
LOL Skye!!
I'm glad to see you getting into scorpions!! You are about to become the Scorp Queen!!! :D
If you ever make it close to Missouri during the warm months I wish you and your new light would stop by. I have been observing vittatus a number of years by flipping rocks but I would like to go out at night and take a few lawn chairs and food/drink and just watch scorps all night.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ROCK! I know what you're going to be doing tonight! I still don't have an LED bl. I know which one I want, just don't know if I want to spend that much yet. Other one works ok but, kind of a pain ...like everybody said it would be. Will you let us know how far it will pick up a scorp?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
LOL Skye!!
I'm glad to see you getting into scorpions!! You are about to become the Scorp Queen!!! :D
If you ever make it close to Missouri during the warm months I wish you and your new light would stop by. I have been observing vittatus a number of years by flipping rocks but I would like to go out at night and take a few lawn chairs and food/drink and just watch scorps all night.

I thought you were a married man?

Hope your wife doesn't see this {D

-A.tabor

Texas Blonde

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Im not sure if Ill be able to go out tonight. Its supposed to rain really hard, and I dont want to be out on the plains in one of our thunder storms. Just the other day I saw some huge lightening shooting up off a pipe sticking out of the ground, not 20 yards from me and my truck.

During Sissoms lecture at Acon I noticed on one of his maps that it said there are 5 species that can be found around where my land is. Actually, the number 5 on the map was directly on top of our ranch, lol. Ive found two, C vit, and a Vejovis sp. Im determined to find the rest. Not a mile from our land are some large sand dunes, and thats where I plan to go hunt as soon as it clears up.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ruh roh... :liar:

I ordered a mag light UV bulb almost 2 weeks ago and it still has yet to arrive !

-A.tabor

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
In the process of playing with it I found 3 vittatus molts under my couch.

Little bastards.

Hahahha...BTW, I'm reciving a P. Liosoma and an A. Australis here at work tomorrow. I work in a hospital, I wonder if it's appreciated to bring in a lethal scorp...