New toy to get decent pics of my Tarantulas

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone
I got tired of submitting blurry pics with no definition. I hope with my new toy I'll be able to post pics somewhat close to the amazing pics I've seen here! I hope now I'll be easier for everyone to help me when asking about ID some of my T's!

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
Let us well me anyway know if it's good I also need better pictures ty

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That camera will do the job for basic shots posted to the web. However if you are looking for some of the spectacular images, that camera will not able to do it. You'll need a camera with a larger sensor and a macro lens.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Hello everyone
I got tired of submitting blurry pics with no definition. I hope with my new toy I'll be able to post pics somewhat close to the amazing pics I've seen here! I hope now I'll be easier for everyone to help me when asking about ID some of my T's!
Make sure you edit your pics with a dedicated editor be it free or paid for. Even mobile phone pics look a lot better edited.

Mobile phone pic vs edited mobile phone pic. Now granted you're very limited with the vast majority of phone pics but it still makes a big difference. With a camera especially if you shoot raw editing makes a huge difference.

Last edited:

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
That camera will do the job for basic shots posted to the web. However if you are looking for some of the spectacular images, that camera will not able to do it. You'll need a camera with a larger sensor and a macro lens.
Tks for the info!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
That's what I used to use before I got my DSLR, couldn't get decent pics when zoomed in as the focus was all screwy but I'd get decent pics when zoomed all the way out, some examples below.

I used to edit using the photos app on Windows. I'd increase clarity, reduce lighting to compensate for the flash, and add a vignette.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Make sure you edit your pics with a dedicated editor be it free or paid for. Even mobile phone pics look a lot better edited.

Mobile phone pic vs edited mobile phone pic. Now granted you're very limited with the vast majority of phone pics but it still makes a big difference. With a camera especially if you shoot raw editing makes a huge difference.

That little minx is adorable even before any editing.

Chaos4eva

Arachnopeon
That's what I used to use before I got my DSLR, couldn't get decent pics when zoomed in as the focus was all screwy but I'd get decent pics when zoomed all the way out, some examples below.

I used to edit using the photos app on Windows. I'd increase clarity, reduce lighting to compensate for the flash, and add a vignette.

Tks for the pics!
If I can get pics like that I'll be happy! lol

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In addition to using a large sensor camera with macro lens, I would also recommend using an off camera flash with diffuser held at an angle. You can make a diffuser with white baking paper to soften the light output. And also place a reflector (basically anything large and white) on the opposite side of the tarantula to fill in the shadows.