1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

New toy to get decent pics of my Tarantulas

Discussion in 'Through the Lens' started by Chaos4eva, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Chaos4eva

Chaos4eva Arachnopeon

USA
    Advertisement
    Hello everyone
    I got tired of submitting blurry pics with no definition. I hope with my new toy I'll be able to post pics somewhat close to the amazing pics I've seen here! I hope now I'll be easier for everyone to help me when asking about ID some of my T's!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lolth62

Lolth62 Arachnosquire

Let us well me anyway know if it's good I also need better pictures ty

• Like Like x 1
  3. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

That camera will do the job for basic shots posted to the web. However if you are looking for some of the spectacular images, that camera will not able to do it. You'll need a camera with a larger sensor and a macro lens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Make sure you edit your pics with a dedicated editor be it free or paid for. Even mobile phone pics look a lot better edited.

Mobile phone pic vs edited mobile phone pic. Now granted you're very limited with the vast majority of phone pics but it still makes a big difference. With a camera especially if you shoot raw editing makes a huge difference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Vanessa

Vanessa Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Sony is a good product. I have used their DSLR's for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chaos4eva

Chaos4eva Arachnopeon

USA
    Tks for the info!

7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

That's what I used to use before I got my DSLR, couldn't get decent pics when zoomed in as the focus was all screwy but I'd get decent pics when zoomed all the way out, some examples below.

I used to edit using the photos app on Windows. I'd increase clarity, reduce lighting to compensate for the flash, and add a vignette.

• Like Like x 3
  8. FrDoc

FrDoc Gen. 1:24-25 Arachnosupporter

That little minx is adorable even before any editing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chaos4eva

Chaos4eva Arachnopeon

USA
    Tks for the pics!
    If I can get pics like that I'll be happy! lol

10. basin79

basin79 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Aye. Sadly not mine but a mates.

• Like Like x 1
  11. dragonblade71

dragonblade71 Arachnobaron Old Timer

In addition to using a large sensor camera with macro lens, I would also recommend using an off camera flash with diffuser held at an angle. You can make a diffuser with white baking paper to soften the light output. And also place a reflector (basically anything large and white) on the opposite side of the tarantula to fill in the shadows.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.