New to Theraphosa

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
When the spermathecae has sclerotized (fully formed), that's when they are mature, if my memory serves me right you can more or less tell whether the spermathecae is fully formed, it will be very dark in colouration. This is as far as I know, I could be wrong so if someone could confirm this it will probably help a lot. :)

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
You are right, only got the process wrong. Sclerotisation doesnt ammount to forming, its sort of like a tan and it also adds stiffness to the cuticle. Its created by crosslinking particular classes of protein molecules. Its why your Ts darken after a molt.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
...that and the fact that I can't their urticating bristles! I love to look at them, but I can't keep one. Pity...
Yeah.. seriously, while i can't talk for their urticating hairs, they cost really too much. I refuse to spend more than 100 Euro for a sling of Theraphosa sp.
I can have two AF Poecilotheria sp. for that price, or half dozen of female OBT'S.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Theraphosa spp. aren't 100 eu for slings, not to mention VERY few people breed apophysis/blondi in europe. In fact, I know of only one who will sell me a breeding pair most likely.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Theraphosa spp. aren't 100 eu for slings, not to mention VERY few people breed apophysis/blondi in europe. In fact, I know of only one who will sell me a breeding pair most likely.
The most "honest" price i've seen was 220 Euro for a AF Theraphosa sp. i don't remember well now if the T was a stirmi or apophysis.
But that was a sort of special offer. Usually slings of Theraphosa sp. here are priced 80 to 100 Euro. Absurd for me.

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
The most "honest" price i've seen was 220 Euro for a AF Theraphosa sp. i don't remember well now if the T was a stirmi or apophysis.
But that was a sort of special offer. Usually slings of Theraphosa sp. here are priced 80 to 100 Euro. Absurd for me.
You're obviously not looking hard enough. ;)