New to the word of Ts

Mallard

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I recently became the proud owner of a beautiful Guyana Pinktoe
In the first 24hrs it has build a large tube web between a log and the
side of its incloser. Pet store guy said it would molt soon and not to feed
till after molting. it stands side ways on the glass and is about 6months old.
How long after the molt should I wait to begin feeding.
Thanks

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
usually a month, but you've put it under a lot of stress, by buying it soon before a molt. i mean, i know it's not your fault, and i heartily welcome you to the world of ts, but i think you should through a blanket or something over the top, and keep it un-stressed. i'm sure it will be fine, but yea, don't feed it for around a month. kudos, by the way.
ps: sorry for the jumbled mess, i'm usually a little neater...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have a pink toe that lives in my room mate's monitoring room in his studio... it molted when he was playing music at like 120dbs so buying in premolt shouldn't be that big of a deal

as far as feeding it after a molt... if it is 6 months old it should be about 2-2.5" diagonal leg span.... i would say about 4-7 days post molt you could try to pop a cricket in and see what happens

a month is more for something that is a BIG adult size.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
First off welcome to the boards and to the world of Ts

Now you probably got a Avicularia avicularia. Scientific names are more valuable and precise here. Try not to use common names.

Just don't bother it if it is infact premolt. You should ask the petstore keeper how he knows its in premolt. No offense to the guy you bought it from, but petstore keepers usually don't know what they're talking about when it comes to Ts.

Whats the size of the T? If it really is in premolt, then you can usually judge how long it'll take based on size.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recently became the proud owner of a beautiful Guyana Pinktoe
In the first 24hrs it has build a large tube web between a log and the
side of its incloser. Pet store guy said it would molt soon and not to feed
till after molting. it stands side ways on the glass and is about 6months old.
How long after the molt should I wait to begin feeding.
Thanks
Hi!

Welcome to the world of T's.
In my opinion there is no problem in buying it in premolt just don't feed it.
If she already made a web on the first day, I think she will probably molt very very soon, just make sure she have water available(keep humidity at about 80%).

For feeding after the molt at this size I would wait 5-7 days top.

Take care and enjoy your new hobby

Alain

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as far as feeding it after a molt... if it is 6 months old it should be about 2-2.5" diagonal leg span.... i would say about 4-7 days post molt you could try to pop a cricket in and see what happens

a month is more for something that is a BIG adult size.
yeah, sorry bout that. i'm not purposely trying to starve ur T. :evil: sorry again! :eek: