New to the hobby

Aaron sinclair

Arachnopeon
So I'm new to the hobby and when I bought my first T of a website it came dead so I was wondering if I could have some cheap safe options

Thanks

Aaron sinclair

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Local dealer if that's an option. A reputable online dealer will provide the most variety though; there are a number of well established websites and quite a few users here that sell regularly. All users that sell here should have a review section here, many websites do as well. Generally a good idea to avoid reptile dealers that sell tarantulas.

Cheap isn't really the best qualifier. You'll get what you pay for. Better to save for a few months if need be and buy from a better source, instead of wherever is cheapest.

Always spring for overnight shipping. Generally shipping occurs without issue - especially if you pick up from a FedEx center here in the US. I assume there's an equivalent to picking up from a FedEx center in your country.

Last edited:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
As far as specific recommendations, I’ve got all my Ts and scorps <edit>. I’ve never had any DOA, and they all arrived healthy. The classifieds here is also a good option. <edit> you can order the complete package kits if you want to make it easier. I don’t but it’s an option. Pretty good variety , especially as far as beginner species go. They often have some rare ones too once you get more experienced. You can also get freebies <edit> according to your price range, which I like very much.
Pricing for Ts should generally be similar/ the same for any specific species. Overnight shipping will run you a little bit but it’s the only proper way to get tarantulas. Unless of course, you plan on collecting dead specimens.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Order when the temperatures are warm enough!
True! I didn’t even think of that since I live in FL. It hardly ever gets cold enough here to be a danger.

I also didn’t realize you’re not from the U.S. I’m not sure about dealers that would ship to you, my apologies.