New to the hobby : Diary of my adventure

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Gorgeous!! Give it at least 7 days before feeding!!...I know it can be hard with that species feeding response...but like Nike...JUST DO IT!
Yep i'll wait :) I also want to take the molt to keep it but she climbed on it so i'm gonna have to wait 😂

Edit: it looks like she's putting her fangs into the molt, is it ok ?

Last edited:

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Yep i'll wait :) I also want to take the molt to keep it but she climbed on it so i'm gonna have to wait 😂

Edit: it looks like she's putting her fangs into the molt, is it ok ?
Some specimens eat their molts to regain energy they lost during the molting process. If you can't get it out, you can't get it out...should be OK. One of my T's molted two days ago and pushed the molt into the burrow it runs to whenever I open the cover. So in other words....im never getting it LOL!

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the answer, my concern was that her fangs must be fragile right now but i guess it won't harm her.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
View attachment 344809

I maybe worried over nothing but is it a normal position to you ?
If the legs were a little tighter over the carapace, that would be considered a 'stress curl'. If and only if it stayed in that position for quite some time though. Spiders tend to contort into all sorts of odd positions if you watch them enough.

I was just actually just working in my genic enclosure and it too was in a similar position (except it had climbed some) until I was done spot cleaning etc., now it's fine.

How long has it been in that exact position?

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Well since the molt (wesdnesday) it remains on that area in a similar position but not always turned on the same direction...

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Well since the molt (wesdnesday) it remains on that area in a similar position but not always turned on the same direction...
I wouldn't worry. It most likely has to do with the molt. They get in all sorts of positions post molt! Some very awkward looking! Soon you may see them stretching their legs, possibly 4 at a time. They do this to get their hemolymph (their version of blood) flowing to the legs!

They also don't move very much post molt as this happens. It is when they are at their most vulnerable and are hardening up.

Seems like normal post molt behavior to me.

My albo which molted a couple weeks ago didn't move from its corner for 5 days after molt. And its just a tiny sling that likes to roam its enclosure normally.

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
My geniculata is still looking weird but i had an unexpected good news today: my albopilosum also molted 😁 i don't know when it happend exactly because i leave her alone most of the time coz she's a pretty nervous T but here it is :
IMG_20200518_221640.jpg

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Today my Genic molted for the second time! It went fast, she ate like 2 weeks ago so i wasn't expecting it that soon, i'm happy :D
Hahaha!! My genics have eaten a few hours before molting!!!

Beautiful fresh exo!

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Finally i can update this thread :D In a week it will be 1 year that i got into the hobby, time flies by !

Last night my T. Albo finally molted !! (last time was 08/13)

The Geniculata hasn't molt since august either so i hope it will follow soon.

Oh and i rehoused the Albopilosum about a month ago, i didn't think about posting it there at the time. So there are some pictures of the new house and the brand new skin :
IMG_20210116_193955.jpg IMG_20210116_193958.jpg IMG_20210310_222634.jpg IMG_20210310_222916.jpg IMG_20210310_222926.jpg IMG_20210310_222939.jpg IMG_20210310_223858.jpg

(2 first pictures are from last month, right after the rehouse so that's why it's covered in dirt, made me have a hard time catching it <.<)

Last edited:

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Your albo has outgrown the geniculata. My geni female 5" is also not the fastest grower, I am hoping for a molt in april/may.

Fhrnht

Arachnopeon
Your albo has outgrown the geniculata. My geni female 5" is also not the fastest grower, I am hoping for a molt in april/may.

Yep, my Geniculata hasn't eat for quite a while, i hope it will molt soon too...