New to the forum !

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
hey everyone new to AB , been a lover of arachnids and all animals alike since I was a little kid and have kept many different specimens throughout the years . One thing I ama interested in in trying to cross breed scolopendra , I forgot the name of the board member who has done so successfully ( there may have been a few members actually) but if anyone could tag him/her that would be great . Looking forward to learning as much as I can here ! Thanks -Joe

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards! I'd caution against cross breeding just because Scolopendra taxonomy seems to be a bit messy as is, but if you wanted to try it and either keep the offspring for yourself or sell them specifically as a cross breed, then it might be a bit more acceptable. Hard to say on that part, so I'll let someone with much more experience with Scolopendra weigh in!

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
I've seen the sketchiness that goes on with cross breeding and it would be for my own collection just to see the possible offspring I can produce ! Thanks panna!

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey! Welcome aboard, may I say.
The member you're talking about is Galapoheros, I don't think you getting in contact with him would be too much of a struggle if it can help you :)
He's been pretty active a few months ago, though I don't know if he still connects as often.. He has a youtube channel, which is called "scolopede"
CU later!

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
Turns out galapoheros is someone else who cross breeds pedes, I was able to find the email for a guy named mike whos YouTube channel is " thepurelife"

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well if that's the case, I'd say enjoy your future project(s)! I'm sure Galapoheros will have plenty of good info for you on the subject!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Yeah, @Galapoheros has crossbred the different subspecies of Scolopendra heros, but not actual species. In fact, some may call into question the classification of the different subspecies of S.heros, and may just call them all geological variations of the same species.

Don't know if you'll have success breeding two different species together, but if you do be sure to mark them as hybrids if you sell them, we already have too many mislabeled hybrids in the hobby of various inverts, we don't need more lol!

KingBaboon352

Arachnopeon
Will do! Thanks for all your help guys , and yes I agree I've seen some dispute if they are just geological variations or actual subspecies , but my plan is to actually try and cross breed species . Will keep everyone updated about my findings and my failures and successes!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Will do! Thanks for all your help guys , and yes I agree I've seen some dispute if they are just geological variations or actual subspecies , but my plan is to actually try and cross breed species . Will keep everyone updated about my findings and my failures and successes!
Cool, let us know how it goes! :)