New To The Boards...

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, i have been checking the posts on the board every day and figured it was time to post.:D
The addiction has well and truly hit! At the moment we have nine tarantulas.
Two adults, Chilean Red and a Curly
One sub adult? Rio Grande Golden
And six slings,Tiger Rump, Costa Rican Zebra, Pink Beauty Zebra, Curly Hair, Chilean Copper and a Mexican Blonde.
( Scientific names aside for the moment, though my 10 year old can name them off a lot faster than me!)
But its an experience. My 10 year old daughter loves the "babies" and is extremely gentle about helping me with them. My 16 year old daughter keeps saying " I dont like spiders, I DONT!". But...why then does she keep coming into my room to check on the one she fed today???=D
Anyway, just to let you know we are here.

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome, I know you will enjoy this site, there are quite a few different personalities here, some good, some bad, but when it comes to tarantulas, it's all good....

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Maggie,
Well, welcome! Yes, its an addiction. I myself have started to branch into Millipedes and scorps...:) My better half thought they were creepy and nasty, but she worries terribly if one has a molt upcoming or, someone goes off their feed..
Peace,
Gillian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Maggie, and welcome.

Sounds like you have quite a crew your raising there.
How long have you been doing Tarantula's? How did you get into the hobbie?

Take care,
Ernie

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I have had other tarantulas before this but we are new to the slings. I had been interested in getting into the hobby for a while now and decided it was the right time. LOL, if there IS anything such thing.;) I like the fact that they all have their different personalities, the care sheets can only tell you so much and then you are on your own. Thats the fun part....
Yep. I like our crew.:D

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
welcome Maggie!
I haven't been around this week (damn work anyway!) but wanted to say hello!
I have a 7 year old daughter that LOVES the spiders too.
some of them are actually hers.
I am well and truly into the spider hobby (addiction) with a few hundred, if you count hatched eggsacs <G>

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes, Amanda had claimed one of the little ones as her own. :)
I am finding out that i actually would rather start with spiderlings, just a personal preference. Learning as i go.
Oh, i think i saw your daughter handling a T on one of the posts! When they are raised with a lot of exposure to spiders they are not fearful and it is sensed.
I am hoping to get a couple more spiderlings from Swifts but havent decided what yet.
A couple hundred including hatched egg sacks??
Sigh....someday....

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:D Welcome to the boards Maggie! This is a wonderful group of people. I just recently got into T's, scorps and snakes due to the fact that my boyfriend has a passion for them. I find taking an interest in what your loved one is interested in really brings you closer together. My daughters have a new founded love for the little critters too, which I NEVER thought would happen in a million years!

Again, welcome to the boards!

Bridget

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Maggie and family: I hope you have a lot of room for cages, because eventually you will need it. Everyone here is good about answering questions and posting nice pics. Hope you enjoy yourself.:) Pam

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome to the arachnid addiction, Maggie:D
But heck there is a whole lot worse things to be addicted to. I am branching out to centipedes now too. Also have a few scorpions, but its fun!!!!!