New to slings

Joeban

Arachnopeon
Fairly new to the hobby, have been researching a ton and i love it. We have 6 T's so far, A. Avicularia (suspect female), A. Chalcodes (female), T. Stirmi (suspect male) and we just recently got a C. Versicolor OBT and GBB slings. They are all set up and looking good and healthy. Being our 1st slings just wanted to get opinions.. both the OBT and the Versicolor have ate like a champ, however the GBB has been just chilling by one of the leafs for the last 5 days and has refused food twice thus far... maybe in pre molt but it's seems too soon, the breeder said he/she molted not long ago, not exactly sure how long. Could it be getting ready for a molt?

Attachments

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Welcome and congrats! When I had my gbb its abdomen would get a matte finish appearance and be considerably dull as it approached molting.

You can try disabled or pre-killed feeders and if it doesn’t eat in a day remove and try in a again in a few days/week, it may just not be hungry or trying to acclimate. Standard have a water dish accessible.

Joeban

Arachnopeon
Welcome and congrats! When I had my gbb its abdomen would get a matte finish appearance and be considerably dull as it approached molting.

You can try disabled or pre-killed feeders and if it doesn’t eat in a day remove and try in a again in a few days/week, it may just not be hungry or trying to acclimate. Standard have a water dish accessible.
Thank you, I will keep an eye out for that. I put in a red runner for a bit under a day, then took it out and tried a smaller sized but he didn't like that one either lol. Thanks again for the advice.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thank you, I will keep an eye out for that. I put in a red runner for a bit under a day, then took it out and tried a smaller sized but he didn't like that one either lol. Thanks again for the advice.
You bet. The obt is gonna be a fun time. I’ve had mine maybe a year and some change; went from .5” to 3” pretty fast. Time for a rehouse into it’s final home, not so confident it’ll be as easy this time around. 😅

Joeban

Arachnopeon
Yeah that one was my girls idea. She loves that species. I heard they are pretty fast growing, I am sooooo excited for the rehouses lol (sarcasm) 😆 She also wants a C. lividus... another one that will be tons of fun. Granted I kinda want a P. metallica and my Stirmi is about 6-7 inches, fast <edit>, his favorite things are kicking hair, threat posing and eating. So I can't really say much 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Fairly new to the hobby, have been researching a ton and i love it. We have 6 T's so far, A. Avicularia (suspect female), A. Chalcodes (female), T. Stirmi (suspect male) and we just recently got a C. Versicolor OBT and GBB slings. They are all set up and looking good and healthy. Being our 1st slings just wanted to get opinions.. both the OBT and the Versicolor have ate like a champ, however the GBB has been just chilling by one of the leafs for the last 5 days and has refused food twice thus far... maybe in pre molt but it's seems too soon, the breeder said he/she molted not long ago, not exactly sure how long. Could it be getting ready for a molt?

Comparing different species eating is not wise.

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Yeah that one was my girls idea. She loves that species. I heard they are pretty fast growing, I am sooooo excited for the rehouses lol (sarcasm) 😆 She also wants a C. lividus... another one that will be tons of fun. Granted I kinda want a P. metallica and my Stirmi is about 6-7 inches, fast <edit>, his favorite things are kicking hair, threat posing and eating. So I can't really say much 🤣
You should probably get a psalmo before a pokie.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Comparing different species eating is not wise.
like viper has said comparing different species eating, molting, and just plain behavior is not valid, they will all eat, molt, and behave differently.

it may just not be interested in food, it may be preparing for a molt. Either way it is of not consequence, it’s not eating right now. That’s all that matters.