New to Jumping Spiders

Reewoo

Arachnopeon
I have been looking into getting jumping spiders but don't know exactly how to care for them or anything. Any tips?

SalticusScenicusStar

Arachnoknight
I would suggest getting a Phidippus Audax(bold jumping spider) as a beginner pet. Moist its enclosure with a sprayer 1-2 times every day. Feed it LIVING prey 1-2 times a day. I would suggest getting prey from Josh's Frogs. Also make sure prey is at most 2/3 of the size of the jumping spider.

SalticusScenicusStar

Arachnoknight
I would suggest getting a Phidippus Audax(bold jumping spider) as a beginner pet. Moist its enclosure with a sprayer 1-2 times every day. Feed it LIVING prey 1-2 times a day. I would suggest getting prey from Josh's Frogs. Also make sure prey is at most 2/3 of the size of the jumping spider.
I mean 1-2 prey items a week.

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
P audax is the best choice. Regius is a bit more finicky.

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
In my experience Audax was more Finicky than Regius, but it really comes down to the individual spider. P. Audax would make a really great jumper to start with, and tend to be a little less expensive than Regius which is a bonus. Salticus is right about the care for these guys. I tend to feed based on the size of the jumper's abdomen and less on a schedule. These guys are capable of taking down prey thats roughly the same size as them or sometimes even larger, though I cant say I would recommend feeding them prey that size. I feed mine mealworms and mist 1-2 times a day.
That being said, jumping spiders have been some of my favorite critters I've ever cared for, if you do decide to get one, then welcome! They make lovely pet spiders. Here are some pictures I took of my P Regius, Yoyo, yesterday when she was munching on a worm :)
thumbnail_IMG_5065.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_5068.jpg thumbnail_IMG_5079.jpg

SalticusScenicusStar

Arachnoknight
I agree, but Salticus specimens are difficult. I had a Salticus Scenicus once, and it was an enjoyable but much difficult task. She was not easily tamed, and alsways tried to escape.