new to centipede hobby, Scolopendra dehaani

Guzen

Arachnopeon
Hey im new to the hobby of invert keeping, the thing that got me started was millipedes and still looking to get some.
But this lead me to centipedes and i managed to find a small pet shop selling one.
I believe it is a Scolopendra Dehaani or Vietnamese centipede.
Its suppoavly about 8 months old, its about 5.5inches long. Does that seem about right for size and age?
Any suggestions for food? Seems to show no interest in mealworms, going to try crickets tonight. This will be night 3 with me that it hasnt eaten, so i be concerned?
Anything else i should feed it or have in its enclourse?
At the moment its some clean soil and coco fiber mix, a peice of coco bark for a hide and a fake plant. With a small water dish. Im giving a light mist once a day.
At first it burrowed under the sub but since finding the coco bark its been in there since.
Im also seeing what looks to be like shed/molt parts, like leg looking things spread about, would that explain its lack of interest in food? Or do they tend to go a few days between feedings? Do they tend to hide till hungry then come out looking for food?

Ill unload a photo later when my net decides to work properly at the moment doesnt seem to want to allow photo uplaod.

Iv order the Centipedes in Captivity book by Orin McMonigle but its a few days off still, so wanting to make sure i get its setup correct as best i can before hand.

Last edited: