New to burrowing Ts

MrFerret

Arachnopeon
So I have a Guatemalan tiger rump and I've never had a burrowing t before. So she has completely blocked the entrance to her tunnel. Is she molting?

MrFerret

Arachnopeon
Thank you. My girlfriend has had rose haired before but like I said this is new for both of us and we want to be good T parents

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You'll have access to more info on this species if you use the scientific name; Davus Pentaloris.

This species burrows a lot when smaller or if there aren't enough points above ground to anchor their webbing on. Really great species but they can be skittish as heck so be prepared for runners.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
she has completely blocked the entrance to her tunnel. Is she molting?
It could be premolt, it could not be, it could be too big of an enclosure as well. Really hard for us to say anything, definitive for you.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
My first terrestrial and the smallest T I'd ever dealt with was a a 1/4" T. Albopilosum, it stayed out for about two weeks at which time it ate about three cricket legs, then it burrowed and I didn't see if for 3 months. One night, I checked it's cup, and sure enough it had reopened it's burrow and kicked out a molt for me to find.

I know you must feel nervous, but have patience.

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Premolt, molting or not, IME D. pentaloris love to be underground for the most part.

I catch my current specimen out on display only in the early morning hours

Stardust1986

Arachnoknight
So I have a Guatemalan tiger rump and I've never had a burrowing t before. So she has completely blocked the entrance to her tunnel. Is she molting?
My tarantula likes to burrow, he's an aphonopelma semani. He often blocks the entrance off to his burrow, and creates some pretty elaborate tunnels, and made his own entrance, just make sure there are no heavy objects above ground so it doesnt collapse their tunnels. When in pre molt, he can hide while refusing food for a couple months or so at a time. He hides underground a lot, but comes out in the open a lot too