New Theraphosa Stirmi Stressed and Won’t move

RentAHood

Arachnopeon
I recently acquired a young theraphosa stirmi suspected female and have rehoused her into a temporary home. It’s been 3 days since her rehousing and she just sits in one corner of the tank and literally never moves. She had some extensive preening one day and she responds very well to food. She eats like a champ, but other than that there is no movement at all. I can tell she is stressed because her legs seem to cover her head and the first time I fed her, she actually kicked hairs at a cricket before eating it. As mentioned, her home right now is only temporary and I plan to move her into a setup just like on this website: https://tomsbigspiders.com/2014/08/19/stirmi-diy-enclosure-tarantula/
I don’t think the husbandry is wrong. I keep the soil damp and have lots of spaghnum moss as well as 2 large water dishes to help with “humidity” though I am aware that humidity itself is a bit of a myth.

Im wondering if she’s just having a hard time settling in or if there’s any other issue. I want her to be as happy as possible so please point out anything wrong with the husbandry. Here are some pics and thank you guys for any help!

Attachments

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Three days to a tarantula is like the blink of an eye to us; settling in can take weeks to months. Also most tarantulas hate walking on loose substrate, so it may not like the moss.

Covering the enclosure with a towel or keeping it in darkness may help it to feel more secure and settle in sooner. Do bear in mind however that tarantulas don't really move much at all.

The hide needs work too; it shouldn't be so tall inside and should allow burrowing. A cup cut in half with just enough vertical clearance for the spider tends to suffice (they like tight places).

RentAHood

Arachnopeon
Three days to a tarantula is like the blink of an eye to us; settling in can take weeks to months. Also most tarantulas hate walking on loose substrate, so it may not like the moss.

Covering the enclosure with a towel or keeping it in darkness may help it to feel more secure and settle in sooner. Do bear in mind however that tarantulas don't really move much at all.

The hide needs work too; it shouldn't be so tall inside and should allow burrowing. A cup cut in half with just enough vertical clearance for the spider tends to suffice (they like tight places).
great idea i’ll try taking some of the moss out. the hide is a broken flower pot so she can still burrow but i’ll try to lower it a bit. thanks!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I think taking the moss out will help a lot. I really only use moss in my enclosures to stuff in corners that I don't want my T's digging in - because they usually don't like the way it feels and won't mess with it. I would also suggest replacing that broken pot with a chunk of cork bark. The pot looks heavy enough, and with sharp enough edges, that if it shifts while your T is burrowing under it there could be a risk of injury.