new terrarium

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Got our baby a. amazonica in her new terrarium. she is loving it btw. finally my bf got to handle her and now he wont put her down :p. we had a scare the other day ... she jumped off his hand while he was holding her, we thought we lost her but seems she crawled back into her terr on her own lolll... silly story..

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cool! We'd love to see some pics if you have any! and I love the story, I too have had Avics decide to parachute away from me, with no injuries thankfully.. just be careful. :)

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
vermiculite substrate

ill get pictures up as soon as i can. We really have had a hard time finding where to purchase some vermiculite substrate. does anyone know where we could find some?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big is your baby? You may also try peat moss mixed with ecoearth as a means of keeping humidity up, but when they get larger you can just keep a water dish at the bottom of the tank for huidity. I used to mist the substrate for my A. avic until I boght a bigger water dish and it worked perfectly.

NatalieMK

Arachnopeon
Thanks guys! We are really careful with our babies, we reat them like our kids we are even re designing the inside of their terrarium to look like their natural habitat in the quadeloupe rainforest.. I am excited to see how it turns out and I'll post some pics as soon as I get their terrariums finished! :):)

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

How big is your baby? QUOTE]

our avic. versicolor is 2" but she is about to molt soon, and my avic. amazonica is 1.5"