new tarantula

david30

Arachnopeon
gonna go buy my first tarantula tommorrow it will be a juvenile grammastola rosea cant wait i feel like a kid again lol {D

jrzyspider

Arachnopeon
:) Good luck & have fun! I just got my first one at the beginning of the month & on advice from forum members here, I bought "The Tarantula Keeper's Guide". It's VERY informative. The members here are also fantastic & always ready to help!

david30

Arachnopeon
yeah i got 1 of those thank you for ya advice though really appreciate it

m0nay

Arachnopeon
im gonna have my rosea this april 1. im so excited to have it, though a bit nervous if i can make it grow big really....
:wall:

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good for both of you, David30 and m0nay. My collection has grown to occupy a room of its own, but I've still got a couple Rosies that I really like. Good spider to start with - and good spider to keep long afterwards too.

m0nay

Arachnopeon
bill s, can you post some pics?? i wanna see really how good a rosea can be, i think im having a red color form. love it!

david30

Arachnopeon
i will post some pics but it will be at least week because i want to leave G. rosea alone for a week so he/she can get use to her new home hopefully i will be getting a girl

david30

Arachnopeon
just picked up my G. rosea just washed everything and waiting for my brick to soak up sum water then my T. is all setup up and will be in her new home

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Congratulations! I know it's exciting! When we were waiting on our first t to arrive, I really felt like a kid waiting on Santa.

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I might have suggested getting the enclosure set up before bringing the T home... How big is it? Spiderlings need higher humidity, but larger juvies and adult roseas generally like their substrate dry. Mine prefer bone dry, or they stress out and pace the walls and ceilings...

david30

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! I know it's exciting! When we were waiting on our first t to arrive, I really felt like a kid waiting on Santa.
yh i really do feel like a kid again it funny

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

I might have suggested getting the enclosure set up before bringing the T home... How big is it? Spiderlings need higher humidity, but larger juvies and adult roseas generally like their substrate dry. Mine prefer bone dry, or they stress out and pace the walls and ceilings...
at a guess just looking 3" to 3.5" i only got her 2day so i am leaving her be just so she settles in without to much stress following the tarantulas keepers guide book advice

david30

Arachnopeon
she not pacing at all and she did stay on the wall for a bit but been on floor now for ages i am keeping a very close eye from a distance in the room checking the temperature regularly and that i will try to feed her now in a weeks time