New Tarantula! Tapinauchenius?

Hudson Ensz

Arachnopeon
I found it in a palm tree, and I managed to annoy it enough with a blade of grass so that it came out.
Beautiful specimen.

I put it in a plastic bag and took it home.

I found one more but it comitted suicide:mad:

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

One more...

Two more...

It settled down once in the cage.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice! What is the stuff between the leg and your thumb in the picture that you are pinch holding the T?

The Spider Faery

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice! What is the stuff between the leg and your thumb in the picture that you are pinch holding the T?
I was wondering the same thing...It looks like it may be mites or the T could be leaking hemolymph? (not that I know what tarantula blood looks like..)

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
I was wondering the same thing...It looks like it may be mites or the T could be leaking hemolymph? (not that I know what tarantula blood looks like..)
I think it may be sand because there is alot of pics where there in sand. :) Though it may be mites too.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very cool to see pictures of them in their habitats. If you are local, could you take some more pictures of the area you've been finding them in? I'm sure loads of us would love to see!

Congrats on the new tarantula (also looks like sand to me, appears there are some pieces on his fingers also.)

And to bad on the T. gigas :(

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Very cool to see pictures of them in their habitats. If you are local, could you take some more pictures of the area you've been finding them in? I'm sure loads of us would love to see!
Amen :worship:

Later, Tom

MrDusty

Arachnopeon
BEAUTIFUL! I love the Tapinauchenius genus...I have a CBB from CBB parents T gigas female that I'm going to breed once she's mature. I'm also managing to seperate the last few of my T violaceus slings from a 50/50 with bothriechis83. His male was the biggest T vio I'd ever seen.

Does anybody have an idea exactly what the species he has is? It looks sort've like a latipes to me but these guys are notorious for changing color with different levels of light as well as on different angles. (Edit: On second thought it kinda looks like a subcaeruleus now to me so I'm going to be quiet before people realize I need a caffeine IV LOL)

Tapinauchenius is my favorite genus overall :D, there isn't a single species I've seen that I don't want.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a gorgeous T! Sad to see the dead one, but I guess that's just the way of the world. I'd love to see more photos of these guys (or any Ts, really) in their natural habitat.

Have you seen any other species around your area?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Its colors remind me of T. gigas' colors. But I suppose you need to use more than color for a positive id.

Hudson Ensz

Arachnopeon
Wow! Thank you all!
Big Dragonfly, It is sand, the tarantula was not hurt.
Thank you Niki pi I do not know the ID of any of those Ts, are they bot T. gigas?
I will get pictures of the biotope, in this place it is very sandy, right next to a river. This is the reason there were lots of palm trees, that type can only survive in very wet conditions.
Xhedx so thats the genus name!:?
Agent, it wen i bent back the frond it imediately wedged itself into the bottom of it and when I let it go went back to its original position, the tarantula didnt move and it was crushed. I felt really bad about that...
Astral disaster. Yes. I have seen about ten differant types by far the most common are Avics.
Does anyone know anything about how painful their bite is?

yannigarrido2

Arachnosquire
apparently a bite from a Tapinauchenius is pretty nasty since they lack urticating hairs so they make it up with their speed , aggression and semi potent venom.