New tarantula for me

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
Well guys it's freaking awesome.hope your all having a good day I am for sure.i just found out that my cyriocosmus elegance is almost here man me and a buddy of mine decided to go in on it a little together.hes more advanced with about 30 t's under his belt .I'm a Newby of course ,and he didn't mind me putting my t on his order so long as I pay part of the shipping and for my t of course.this t will be my 3rd one all together I'm so fascinated by these little guys/girls it's so freaking awesome watching them grow eat and explore they're enclosure.i think that tarantulas are just freaking amazing and should be more appreciated because honestly most of them are just stunning to look at.my buddy with the 30 t's is gonna be showing me some of his feedings when I pick up my t I'm actually excited for it guys!!hope everyone has a wonderful night/day make it great people!!!

Arachnomaniac1990

Arachnopeon
Well guys it's freaking awesome.hope your all having a good day I am for sure.i just found out that my cyriocosmus elegance is almost here man me and a buddy of mine decided to go in on it a little together.hes more advanced with about 30 t's under his belt .I'm a Newby of course ,and he didn't mind me putting my t on his order so long as I pay part of the shipping and for my t of course.this t will be my 3rd one all together I'm so fascinated by these little guys/girls it's so freaking awesome watching them grow eat and explore they're enclosure.i think that tarantulas are just freaking amazing and should be more appreciated because honestly most of them are just stunning to look at.my buddy with the 30 t's is gonna be showing me some of his feedings when I pick up my t I'm actually excited for it guys!!hope everyone has a wonderful night/day make it great people!!!
They are amazing creatures.
Just take care of them properly, most are almost bulletproof though.
I used to have a lot more in my childhood and I made more mistakes then I can count but use your common sense and it will be fine.
My dad was crazy about old worlds.
Citharischius crawshayi was one of his favorites.
I hope you enjoy your new T.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Congratulations!! Getting new inverts is always amazing!!

Arachnomaniac1990

Arachnopeon
This has been P. muticus now for a couple decades:)
My apologies, I always used this name as my father did.
I'm not too up to date about the name changes though.
Although I agree that its better and it helps define new species and clear up mistakes from the past I never seem to be able to keep up with the news.
Any good site that keeps up to date news like this?

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
My apologies, I always used this name as my father did.
I'm not too up to date about the name changes though.
Although I agree that its better and it helps define new species and clear up mistakes from the past I never seem to be able to keep up with the news.
Any good site that keeps up to date news like this?
Best bet would be to follow have a gander at the World Spider Catalogue. That URL should show all Theraphosid spiders, but you can modify the search terms and narrow down to genus if you like. It includes the history of all name changes for a specific species from the date they were initially described.

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
They are amazing creatures.
Just take care of them properly, most are almost bulletproof though.
I used to have a lot more in my childhood and I made more mistakes then I can count but use your common sense and it will be fine.
My dad was crazy about old worlds.
Citharischius crawshayi was one of his favorites.
I hope you enjoy your new T.
Man that's freaking cool.and your dad?damn he's more brave than I am for sure I'll eventually get into some old world's it's just I of course want to get more experience in the hobby first.i am always gonna keep learning about these lil guys/girls they're amazing.ill have to ask around for sure what people recommend for a first old world but that will be in in a couple years when some of my t's are full grown and can enjoy them even more.

Congratulations!! Getting new inverts is always amazing!!
Thanks man I'm just excited to see its lil golden cute butt in in a couple days.My buddy I'm pretty sure has probably already put it into a vile for me,and I'm pretty sure if I havnt gotten it by Monday he will probably have already fed it. which makes me a lil sad that I might miss it's first feeding.

This has been P. muticus now for a couple decades:)
Hey man I'm just curious and please don't take this the wrong way cuz I'm sure you get asked this alot.how many t's do you have? :robot: I am genuinely just curious is all just mainly because your pretty knowledgeable and I'll keep learning all I can in the hopes to be knowledgeable myself some day.i want to possibly even teach my friends and family about all this.so far not many of my family like it. haha :couchpotato:

Last edited by a moderator:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Alright thanks, I will check that out.
Best thing about that site in my opinion, is if you create a free account there, you can read all the papers published regarding taxon changes. For example with Pelinobius muticus (Karsch, 1885), it has changed 21 times since its original description in 1885. It was most recently known as Citharischius crawshayi between 1998 and 2010 (with Phoneyusa bettoni, Phoneyusa gregori, and Phoneyusa rufa added as junior synonyms in 2003) before finally being placed back where it started as P. muticus in 2010. All of those publications are available.

Taxonomy is constantly developing, and in the past 20 years with our collective understanding of genotypic analysis (which can now be used to supplement physiological and morphological analysis), taxa will continue to be refined as further analysis is completed.

cold blood

Staff member
Hey man I'm just curious and please don't take this the wrong way cuz I'm sure you get asked this alot.how many t's do you have? :robot: I am genuinely just curious is all just mainly because your pretty knowledgeable and I'll keep learning all I can in the hopes to be knowledgeable myself some day.i want to possibly even teach my friends and family about all this.so far not many of my family like it. haha :couchpotato:
Lots....lists of ts arent permitted in the forums as its a major thread clog. But we leave a place for it on the profile page.....my list can be found by simply clicking on my profile page:)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks man I'm just excited to see its lil golden cute butt in in a couple days.My buddy I'm pretty sure has probably already put it into a vile for me,and I'm pretty sure if I havnt gotten it by Monday he will probably have already fed it. which makes me a lil sad that I might miss it's first feeding.
Well don't worry I'm sure you'll still able to feed it in a day or two after getting it! What size is it?

Arachnomaniac1990

Arachnopeon
Best thing about that site in my opinion, is if you create a free account there, you can read all the papers published regarding taxon changes. For example with Pelinobius muticus (Karsch, 1885), it has changed 21 times since its original description in 1885. It was most recently known as Citharischius crawshayi between 1998 and 2010 (with Phoneyusa bettoni, Phoneyusa gregori, and Phoneyusa rufa added as junior synonyms in 2003) before finally being placed back where it started as P. muticus in 2010. All of those publications are available.

Taxonomy is constantly developing, and in the past 20 years with our collective understanding of genotypic analysis (which can now be used to supplement physiological and morphological analysis), taxa will continue to be refined as further analysis is completed.
Well I'll have to create a account then.
I don't know all the science mumbo jumbo but it will be interesting to read the published papers about taxa changes though.
I never found a good site which keeps up to date about all the changes.
Thanks for the advice.

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
I'm starting
Oh man a real little guy! Never gotten anything smaller than about 1/2 inch!
small with everything honestly because you watch and know everything your giving it and what it's doing you can handle every bit of its nutrition and I just think they're kinda really cute when they're so small.not to mention you can see every growth cycle it goes through and I find that very enjoyable.

I'm starting

small with everything honestly because you watch and know everything your giving it and what it's doing you can handle every bit of its nutrition and I just think they're kinda really cute when they're so small.not to mention you can see every growth cycle it goes through and I find that very enjoyable.
I mean I'm going small with everything is what I meant to say

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
Well guys I finaly got my smallest t yet my cyracosmas elegance.The freaking heart butt tarantula haha my friend ordered it.it arrived a couple days ago.I just picked it up from him.I waited about an hour before dropping it food in my friend explained before I left that it was exploring.Most likely looking for food.He almost lost it too because it was so tiny when he was giving it some water.so excited to have this as my 3rd t.

Forgot to mention the little name I thought of for it I think most people would like this. -My Valentine-

Here it is guys my cyracosmas elegance sling so freaking tiny man it's just so small.You can lose this thing so easily it can almost walk right out when you open it if your not paying attention to it.

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
It's called Cyriocosmus elegans. :)

Have fun with it and be careful with rehousings... these are little Forrest Gumps, they won't stop running. :rofl:

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
It's called Cyriocosmus elegans. :)

Have fun with it and be careful with rehousings... these are little Forrest Gumps, they won't stop running. :rofl:
I appreciate it I'm well aware I have a huge container for refocusing when it comes down to it.i try to be prepared not that I'm perfect at it far from it I aways side with caution no matter what. Also my bad on the spelling for some reason predictive text likes to mess me up way more often than I'd like to admit.

I appreciate it I'm well aware I have a huge container for refocusing when it comes down to it.i try to be prepared not that I'm perfect at it far from it I aways side with caution no matter what. Also my bad on the spelling for some reason predictive text likes to mess me up way more often than I'd like to admit.
Rehousong* see what I mean haha

AlexWae

Arachnopeon
Good luck..
Don't panic if it digs in for a good few weeks..

Mine did so for almost 2 months in which it molted twice.. finally saw it again last week, doubled in size.. IMG_20200119_223417_026.jpg