New T.

travisamone

Arachnopeon
Yaay!
2 days ago i got a Cyriopagopus sp. "Blue" or singapore blue.
its a tight little spider. its about 2.5" - 3"ish. its not sexed yet but im hoping for a female. im pretty sure its going to be a female considering males dont get blue and you can start to see the blue in the legs on him/her. cross your fingers:}

more to come!

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi!

Real nice t and pics.
But are you sure it's a Cyriopagopus sp. singapore and not a C.schioedtei???
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks for sharing:)

Alain

travisamone

Arachnopeon
im positive i got it from a guy who bred two Blues and this is one of the offspring from the two he mated.

Yoshi11

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" have a bluish carapace. On the other hand, most C.schioedtei have a yellow/gold carapace which is what I see in your photos.

-W.C.-

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
males get blue on their legs as slings and juvies and then as sub adults start to loose it and turn green with their maturing molt.

As for the ID, Im not good enough to really give an answer there, ive seen blues that were much less blue body color but still blues. Mine personally is a 6" female and has a blue carapace and the blue abdomen with the stripes.

Yoshi11

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Now that I think back I remember seeing some "blues" having less of a blue & more of a bluish/yellow/gold carapace too. But still, something says C.schioedtei to me.

-W.C.-

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is definately a Singapore blue you can tell because the undersides are so blue, the Schioedtei don't have that coloration. Their legs can have a pale blue hue sometimes, but not like the undersides of yours.

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that is definately a Singapore blue you can tell because the undersides are so blue, the Schioedtei don't have that coloration. Their legs can have a pale blue hue sometimes, but not like the undersides of yours.
Yes, I think you are right for the underside of the legs.
At first I didn't noticed :? but the top of the legs also have dark blue reflexion on them.
I guess I was focussing too much on the pale carapace.
Anyway, wathever it is, it's a beautiful tarantula:D

Take care!

Alain

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well schioedtei can have a very faint blueish coloration on their legs if i recall correctly. But the underside of this just screams Cyripagopus sp. "blue"

travisamone

Arachnopeon
yeah i was overlooking at the first pictures and realized how crappy they were and how washed out the colors were so i went back and took some even crappier ones(hah) but tried to get the color in there. so any bets on male or female? i dont think the males get that blue so im hoping for a female.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome looking creature you have there....I would rather pay for one of those than a million dollar P. Metallica