new T!!!

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
woooooo my birthday is in 3 days and my parents decided to give me my present early!!!!!!! i asked for a goliath birdeater and i talked to a pet store owner and he had a friend with 1 t. blondi spiderling...so i bought it!!!!!

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations on the blondi. Once you get started in this hobby you will always want more and more.

Andy

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she is in a small little tub like thing with potting soil in it...tomorrow i'll be getting a small critter keeper for her....but should i mist it??? cause the soil looks a lil dry.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Blondi's need higher humidity so, yes for sure mist it. Actually, keep the soil moist, alot of blondi's are lost in molts from not being humid enough.

Andy

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by vulpina
Actually, keep the soil moist, alot of blondi's are lost in molts from not being humid enough.
If only it were that simple. Plenty of blondis die moulting in swamp like conditions. There's even a number of keepers out there keeping them, shudder, dry and succeeding.

Blondis are prone to bad moults throughout their sling and juvenile stages. This much is true.

That humidity has anything to do with it is at best possibly true but by no means backed up by any actual evidence, and at worst is simply a popularly repeated bit of advice with no actual backing other than the fact that it gets repeated a lot.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok thanks for the tip...i was debating on misting or not because i opened the lid earlier and the little beast ran straight up my arm...she's really really jumpy too!

Risto