New t

Dodgypill

Arachnopeon
Got my first T delivered on Wednesday was supposed to be 2 inch but was 3 when it arrived after refusing to eat for two days i contacted supplier who told me it moulted on Monday.. does she look alrite 15859033937516645302002897731767.jpg

Thekla

Arachnoprince
She looks absolutely fine, but the supplier definitely should've told you she moulted on Monday. That was really careless of him because you could've hurt your T by feeding it too early.

Now, just wait another week or so (until the fangs are black again) before you try feeding it again.
And make sure she has a water dish with clear, unobstructed water. :)

Congrats on your new 8-legged friend! :)

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Good to here just worrying about my baby , would you take a look at my setup View attachment 339084
That's really decent indeed, well done. Yes, it's a bit big but your T isn't a sling anymore, so, I'd guess it'll be just fine. It might bury itself away though at some point, had this with my T. albo when he was about the size of your T (what species is it, by the way?).

Dodgypill

Arachnopeon
That's really decent indeed, well done. Yes, it's a bit big but your T isn't a sling anymore, so, I'd guess it'll be just fine. It might bury itself away though at some point, had this with my T. albo when he was about the size of your T (what species is it, by the way?).
L parahybana , hoping due to its growth rate it should fit

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Once my Trantulas hit the 3” size I rehouse them into adult enclosures...unless the species will top out at 8” or larger, then I'll go with an intermediary sized enclosure.

As previously stated, your enclosure looks to be on the large size, but nothing to worry about. Good job.

omni

Arachnobaron
this guy did his homework before getting a T haha. well done! it looks non-stressed and comfy, has everything it needs for a long time. I hope you enjoy watching it grow and share pics with us for a long time!
plus get addicted to keeping them and get 1 more, or a few!! lol

Dodgypill

Arachnopeon
What a lift to my spirits and confidence... thanks omni, I'm still worried maybe it a new keeper thing ... just can't get over how timid such a formidable creature can be

omni

Arachnobaron
that's the kind of arena some YouTubers make for great feeding videos. I don't have much luck decorating terrestrial T habitats. they either plow it under or trample it flat. lemme see if I can get a pic of my recent failure making a beautiful scenery for my 4" N. coloratovillosus. She hated it and gave the tank a 110% makeover lol.

omni

Arachnobaron
20200403_154708.jpg
There's actually a corkbark half tube in there somewhere. the 16" of plastic vine was attached around the whole left side at the top edge, buried now. moss was lightly spread around the left side, accenting the cork tube and there's a water dish is 4" you almost can see it and she hogged out the 6" substrate from the left and buried the right side. I took an hour making it just so, popped her in couple weeks ago and have to fish out the dish every few days. I never had an NC dig like that. she outdoes my big T. albo haha (who trampled her moss and vine arch flat)

Dodgypill

Arachnopeon
I guess I'm yet to experience a destructive t ... this only my first and untill she settles and comes out of it shell ill not know her behaviour, although it seems placid and content, it won't use the hide just chills in the open