New T

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Its a really bad pic but here is my new G pulchripes got him for 15 dollars he's about 1 - 1 1/2 bls IMG_20160710_172701.jpg hes in the critter keeper I got him In for now will add a his and more substraight soon

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
You should also get rid of those stones (or whatever it is, hard to tell from the picture).

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yes I wasn't sure what those are either they almost look like large pieces of vermiculite

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Stones aren't usually a problem as long as not near the walls. Thats a pretty dark G. Pulchripes. I love that T. My old girl passed not so long ago.

Congratz on the new addition :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
That was the best part I couldn't turn that down and at 15 dollars even my wife was like GET IT

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Here is an up date what do you guys think better than a little substrate and a water dish I think if there is anything I need to do better or different let me know please
Before 20160710_165150.jpg After
20160712_225724.jpg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here is an up date what do you guys think better than a little substrate and a water dish I think if there is anything I need to do better or different let me know please
Before View attachment 215605 After
View attachment 215604
Looking good. Like you said I'd add more substrate (to the points of mostly burying the hide) and get that ceiling distance down. The water dish is fine but you could go with one smaller if you want. Other then that it looks good to me.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Awesome thanks have a bunch of substrate just need to add it what do you think 2 to 3 inch's from the top

cold blood

Staff member
Awesome thanks have a bunch of substrate just need to add it what do you think 2 to 3 inch's from the top
Fill it just over halfway, you will want to leave room...should the t burrow, and pulchripes often do, its going to need space up top to put all that substrate.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Got a question my g pulchripes is throw threat postures at crickets that are much much smaller than him sign he's not hungry ?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Got a question my g pulchripes is throw threat postures at crickets that are much much smaller than him sign he's not hungry ?
I've had that happen a time or two. I think they were just startled by me placing the food. I left it in and it was picked up quickly.

I'd leave it in overnight and if it's not eaten the next day take it out. It could be close to molting though my four ate all the way till two days before the molt.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yea that's what I figured just thought I would check shes not quit the eater my red rump is but still learning her behaviors so well see if she's eaten if not I'll remove them the people I got here from would just throw in a couple crickets and leave them tell they dies or she ate them so it will take some growing used to the routine for her aswell but I believe she will be better of

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yea that's what I figured just thought I would check shes not quit the eater my red rump is but still learning her behaviors so well see if she's eaten if not I'll remove them the people I got here from would just throw in a couple crickets and leave them tell they dies or she ate them so it will take some growing used to the routine for her aswell but I believe she will be better of
Yeah, if they threw in a lot of prey at once that was not eaten that could be stressful and why she is posturing so much. I'd let her get used to the one prey item per feeding. When she gets in the habit of that then move the prey size up as needed. IMO if she is better with smaller I'd feed the smaller and just cut down on the time between feedings.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Sounds good I'll give that a try see if it helps I'm not to worried she's got a good plump abdomen and I keep her waterdish full so its just getting and me in a routine that works thanks for the help