new T

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well I was in the shop today buying some locust and crickets and saw they had this rosey in there.

It was going real cheap, so I couldnt resist - but man is he mean - i transfered him to his new home and he nailed the wooden spoon i used 3 times.

He is gonna be fun.

Stu

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Nice pics and very nice T. Good Luck with the little meanie. Mine hates wooden spoons too, and rulers maybe Rosies just hate those things. Maybe try a paintbrush I just bought a set of paintbrushes at the Dollar Store for a buck so its not expensive.

Peace

TheDon

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey

Yeah I dont have a nice docile rosie either. they hate every thing that comes near them(including fingers) and they threaten me with their big fans its not funny at all i'm glad it's not fast and it just a mean ol' fatty. any ways have a nice day
geo

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Re: Hey

Originally posted by nemesis6sic6
and they threaten me with their big fans
Now that put a smile on my face :D .

Dennis

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@ stu

LOL I didn't notice until now but your rosie has the meanest face ever! lol it looks totally evil look at it's eyes. makes stromatopelma seem not so scary.

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think Stu's Rosie is getting ready to attack with it's big fan. He's gonna step on that button if you get any closer.....WHOOSH!=D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
Funny=D (fans)

Nice picture, by the way.
Maybe the T will have a better attitude when it
gets use to its new home.

Some of these T's are treated so poorly they do not know how to
react:(
Just think of it, pet store scene.....
Improperly set up environment, sometimes no water, people
hitting the tanks, things like that........a terrible way to live

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
sunnymarcie.... I never thought of that! I just walk on in and tell the clerk, "Let me see that one!" and open up the tank and test personality! No wonder I have such docile ones, if, after all that thumping and bumping they didn't attack ME, they MUST be pet rocks!

I am soooooo evil though, whenever I see a kid thumping a tank of ANYTHING at a pet store I say "WHAT in the HELL are you DOING? How would YOU feel if I thumped YOU like that?" And then they run off to find their moms! Shoot, if MY boys did that I WOULD thump them on the head!!!

(No smilies Dave!)

stu

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah, maybe it was just the stress of being moved as the shop I got it from seem to take pretty good care of their T's compared to some of the horror stories Ive read about shops on here.

Ive left the little guy alone since I got him - give him a bit of a chance to settle in. He looks to be doing ok, he's pretty active too - maybe he is exploring his new home :)

Im kinda hoping he keeps his attitude though - Id rather have a mean rosea than a pet rock - I never handle my T's anyway.

Ill leave it a few more days and then feed him - see if he attacks those cricks with the speed he attacked the spoon.

cheers,

Stu.