New T super stressed, help please! Solved 😊

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
Solved, please stop responding! I don't like the extra notifs

Hello! I purchased a mature female (6 years old, 5 inches DLS) Stromatopelma calceatum 2 days ago at a reptile convention from a breeder.
The rehousing went successfully but she seems so stressed!
She seemed fine the first day and second day and wasnt too stress posed (second photo) but for like a day straight she's been doing the legs curled up over her pose.
I will put a photo. Is this normal?
Does she just need time?
How much time does she need? And can I help her destress?

She has begun a web in the corner of the enclosure below the cork bark but other than that she hasn't really moved at all.

The enclosure is 10 x 10 x 12. I am aware this is probably too small, and I will buy an upgrade soon.

It's at about 75 degrees on average in the room she's in.

And I've misted her only once because the substrate was damp out of the bag for humidity and it has just now been dried out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
You don't have to mist her.

She's stressed because of the move. Some T's take a while to settle in. Take that time and do some research into a new enclosure set up for her to help avoid future stress!

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Is this normal?
Does she just need time?
How much time does she need? And can I help her destress?
- Yes.
- Yes.
- Nobody knows, and you can help by leaving her alone to acclimate. Don't mist, just keep a full water dish.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
You don't have to mist her.

She's stressed because of the move. Some T's take a while to settle in. Take that time and do some research into a new enclosure set up for her to help avoid future stress!
Thank you so much!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
In my opinion, it is not your tarantula that is stressed, but rather, it is you instead who is stress at the moment.

Be at ease, your tarantula is more than fine as is.

Yes, it is good to be observant, but in this case, you can be little less observant, just for now.

Give it some times, how long I do not know, only your tarantula knows that.

RoseyPink01

Arachnosquire
In my opinion, it is not your tarantula that is stressed, but rather, it is you instead who is stress at the moment.

Be at ease, your tarantula is more than fine as is.

Yes, it is good to be observant, but in this case, you can be little less observant, just for now.

Give it some times, how long I do not know, only your tarantula knows that.
Thank you! I know but I can't help it 😫 I just lost a mature female A. seemanni because I wasn't as observant as I should've been so I try to be hyper observant! Maybe it's detrimental. I just have anxiety about it because I really don't want to lose this beauty

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Leave your T alone and just wait - I don’t even have to read your post to know this