New T suggestions please

TarantulaT

Arachnopeon
Hey, so I’m looking to get a couple of new Ts but don’t really know what to go for and looking for suggestions really, there’s a few I’m considering but would be interested in what other tarantula keepers recommend, I currently have:
B. hamorii
2x A.geniculata
2x P.sazimai
D.pentaloris
G.pulchra
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue
H.maculata
G.pulchripes
C.elegans
C.lividium

My partner and I have seen Hapalopus formosus for sale, a Thrixopelma lagunas, Avicularia purpurea, Pamphobeteus sp platyomma. Any thoughts?

8 legged

Arachnoprince
When I'm looking for an animal, it usually depends on my curiosity, interest and fascination. I also advise you to do the same. Which animal are you interested in and why...
Personally, I always advise tapis and psalmos. If you like these genus, buy them!

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Hey, so I’m looking to get a couple of new Ts but don’t really know what to go for and looking for suggestions really, there’s a few I’m considering but would be interested in what other tarantula keepers recommend, I currently have:
B. hamorii
2x A.geniculata
2x P.sazimai
D.pentaloris
G.pulchra
H.maculata
G.pulchripes
C.elegans
C.lividium

My partner and I have seen Hapalopus formosus for sale, a Thrixopelma lagunas, Avicularia purpurea, Pamphobeteus sp platyomma. Any thoughts?
It's not that I recommend but if you already have all those species I would love p.murinus and poecilotheria species

TarantulaT

Arachnopeon
When I'm looking for an animal, it usually depends on my curiosity, interest and fascination. I also advise you to do the same. Which animal are you interested in and why...
Personally, I always advise tapis and psalmos. If you like these genus, buy them!
Yeah, I guess I have limited space as I live on a boat so any decision I make in terms of new tarantulas needs to be right, however no matter what Ts I choose I think I’m always going to find more I’d like to add to my collection and not have the room for 😂. Most of mine have been size or colour based choices or some I’ve had from the start for ease of keeping, I’d like an Avic I guess as I don’t have many arboreal Ts, I had a N.chromatus but he matured and died but I really enjoyed how feisty he was, having said that my H.maculata gives me the willies when she bolts!

Ceratogyrus sanderi, they are not very common. I miss mine...
I’d like to learn more about your experience keeping this species I think the C.darlingi is a beautiful tarantula too, are they fast? I’ve watched a couple of videos on them and they look like a fairly docile fossorial species but I haven’t got massively into old worlds yet

Oh...and I also have a T.stirmi 😝

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
I’d like an Avic I guess as I don’t have many arboreal Ts,
I just got into Tarantulas and my first was an Avicularia Avicularia. Stunning colors, always visible because it hasnt built a web yet, eats well and doesnt seem to kick hairs. The spider is about 3" so has some growing to do but seems pretty relaxed.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
are they fast
Lighning fast, really.

With a proper setup they are "docile", not as bolty as other baboons. Mine was a beast eating, even when she was a sling took worms bigger than her, I didn't have access to smallest preys at the time, and she refused prekilled ones... Looks like my Ts are sybarites 😂😂😂

With a little bit of clay, topsoil, dried wood and dry grass you can make awesome setups for them.

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
When looking at your list I would say you need a Theraphosa ssp. , a Pampho or a Xenesthis ssp. !

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
B. hamorii
2x A.geniculata
2x P.sazimai
D.pentaloris
G.pulchra
H.maculata
G.pulchripes
C.elegans
C.lividium

I would recommend some T's for you but I don't want you eyeing the ones I'm looking to buy 😃

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
p muticus have had a year this month and its pushing almost 2 inches barely

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Should go with some Ceratogyrus, I absolutely love that genus. I only have a marshalli as of now but she is an amazing t. Others off the top of my head you should look at:

Orphnaecus philippinus
Gbb
Psalmopoeus sp
Caribena versicolor
Pterinochilus murinus
Lyrognathus giannisposatoi
Hysterocrates gigas

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
P. cambridgei. Grows large, arboreal, with beautiful olive green coloration in females. They grow quickly and have ravenous appetites. Mine is my favorite.

MrFuzzBugz

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
In terms of genus as a whole, Psalmopoeus, Phormictopus, or Pamphobeteus, but of the species you saw, I highly recommend Hapalopus formosus (aka sp Colombia) because they are gorgeous and grow fast. Plus, they have incredible feeding response.

cold blood

Staff member
No avics, no pokies and no Psalmopeous...criminal behavior...practically....lol.

Nhandu is another great genus.