New T stirmi enclosure!

Blue Eyed Bri

Arachnopeon
D499F967-CB6E-4FD4-B9DB-A20E62C3B7EF.jpeg 3FFE8E15-A4B5-4E8C-B489-E41ECA375963.jpeg
Set up a 8x6x6 inch bioactive with cork bark hide and sphagnum moss. The water dish is very shallow. Spidey is currently ~2” dls, is there anything I should tweak, remove, or add? Thanks in advance!! 😊

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Looks good to me. T might bulldoze some of your beautiful arrangement but that’s half the fun.

Bioactive isn’t completely necessary but since you went the extra mile, make sure it’s not too wet in there. Damp...but you shouldn’t be able to squeeze water out of it. Try to keep a dry-ish side so the spider can choose.

Be careful of isopods and freshly molted slings if they are even in there.

Blue Eyed Bri

Arachnopeon
Looks good to me. T might bulldoze some of your beautiful arrangement but that’s half the fun.

Bioactive isn’t completely necessary but since you went the extra mile, make sure it’s not too wet in there. Damp...but you shouldn’t be able to squeeze water out of it. Try to keep a dry-ish side so the spider can choose.

Be careful of isopods and freshly molted slings if they are even in there.
Thanks!! I anticipate they’ll redecorate as they want, but that’s fun too 😆 Currently I’m using a little tube to water straight to the drainage layer and let the humidity evaporate to keep the soil damp rather than watering the soil directly, but I’ll be sure to keep and eye on the soil to be sure it’s never super wet.

There are springtails, but no isopods, I’m too worried they’ll try to snack on the T after it molts.

Hakuna

Arachnoknight
Drainage layers are meant to remove excess moisture in the above soil by the work of gravity.

You don’t have to put the water directly into the drainage layer. It will get there on its own. That might encourage mold and other bad stuff to grow if it’s constantly sopping wet down there. The sphagnum moss will basically act as a sponge and holds a lot of water as well.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Drainage layers are for frogs, or other type of enclosures where very high levels of moisture are needed. In our enclosures it only will give you headaches. You don't need them even in bioactive enclosures.

I'd remove them and provide the moisture directly to the substrate. Another big issue is that you are using an acrylic enclosure, they warp under moisture, so having a flooded drainage layer will make them warp faster.

But in general, nice setup!!