New T recomendations

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well I got a few spiders in today and my 3.5" OBT was dead :( . Luckily it was covered under a live guarantee. Since I have to pay shipping again :wall: I thought I might as well order a couple more T's.

I’m not sure what else to pick, can anyone recommend a couple nice ones?

The list they have is:
Aphonopelma hentzi
Aphonopelma seemanni
Aphonopelma sp. - Carlsbad Green
Aphonopelma sp. - Redbud
Brachypelma albopilosum
Brachypelma angustum
Brachypelma klaasi
Brachypelma vagans
Ceratogyrus bechuanicus
Eupalaestrus weijenberghi
Haplopelma lividum
Heteroscodra maculata
Lasiodora difficilis
Nhandu chromatus
Nhandu coloratovillosus
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Thrixopelma pruriens

At the moment I have 2x Phormictopus cancerides, 2X Grammostola aureostriata, 1x Acanthoscurria geniculata

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Of all those you listed one of my favorites is one of the most underrated ones. Aphonopelma sp. Carlsbad Green. Also the P.cambridgei are nice.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd pick the albop, the vagans, and the lividum. They have to be in every collection, they're classics.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nhandu chromatus, big and purty, and Aphonopelma hentzi, nice and docile, beautiful in a subtle way. Thats what I'd go with. By the way, which site is this, I haven't been able to find A. hentzi anywhere.

Bulldog08

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
http://www.scottstarantulas.com is where I got these from. They are closing shop in April so you better order soon. Apart from the DOA my experiance with them was good.

Thanks for the recomendations guys. If anyone else has any recomendations from the list speak up :).

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi i say how about B - ALBOPILOSUM / or B - VAGANS / or you could go for a P- CAMBRIDGEI / if you want some thing different as in arboreal ==== phil

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd pick up Eupalaestrus weijenberghi, Brachypelma klaasi and Heteroscodra maculata. Just three beauties :}

Lover of 8 legs

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Nhandu coloratovillosus female and she has a mean personality that says "Don't take me for granted!" Love her!:D

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd go for:

Brachypelma klaasi - beautiful, docile, out in the open a lot, a brachy not everyone has got

Ceratogyrus bechuanicus - gotta love that horn! plus, attitude!

Eupalaestrus weijenberghi - very docile, beautiful in a subtle bluish-gray way, doesn't need a lot of room, easy to breed

Heteroscodra maculata - just big and gorgeous, very skittish and shy, though

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They're all lovely in their own way!
Aphonopelma's are lovely spiders, seemani being my fav. That contrast between a dark grey/black and white/cream on the legs is gorgeous.
Brachypelma's are slow growing but gorgeous as adults. albopilosum are docile, sweet T's (generally) and klaasi are lovely to look at. Pink feathery legs :D
Ceratogyrus are beautiful spiders! But have a real attitude problem lol The horn on the bechuanicus (and other sp.) is awesome though! (I'm hoping to do a breeding project with ceratogyrus sp. this year or next yr!)
Haplopelma's are one of my fav' genus (also breeding these this year) with lividum being one of the best coloured. The do burrow deep though and so you may not see it much.. but stunning when you do. Also have an attitude problem!
Heteroscodra maculata are beautiful as adults, but are fast and skittish at any age/stage of development. They're easy to look after though, but are pretty slow growing.
Lasiodora's are awesome to watch grow up! Big time hair flickers though lol but they do get really big and beautiful.
Psalmopoeus is probably my favourite genus.. so i'm biased when i say cambridgei lol I have a 3" juvenile which i've had from a tiny tiny sling. And my god is it a beautiful spider! I see it quite regularly too, but they do live in tube webs which tend to be thick. Easy to look after and if you would someday wish to breed, i know someone who has a female that has just triple clutched lol with about 200 slings in each sac so far! Amazing spiders! Colourful and pretty to look at, but they are quick and defensive. I had mine walk onto my hand, run off up my arm then onto my other hand, but then when it got to my finger tips it decided to jump off into the substrate box and threat posture me everytime i moved lol at 2" you just have to laugh though :p

So it really depends what you're going for lol

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I guess it all depends on your criteria for a new "T".

Docile, defensive, colourful, in the open, pet hole, etc.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
N. coloratovillosus

I just got Nhandu coloratovillosus sling, and its great. Its a voracious eater, taking crix larger than itself. One of the cooler slings, I think.

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'd go for either the N. coloratovillosus or the E. weijenberghi. The Nhandu is just awesome: big, beautiful, HUNGRY, mean, and hairy, not too common. The Eupy is a sweet little T though--VERY docile, pretty, and downright rare to boot!