New T owner here :)

Mara

Arachnopeon
So, after being the owner of an emperor scorp for over a year (she died of old age only 2 weeks ago, we don't know how old she was when I got her), I decided to get a tarantula.
After reading up like crazy and preparing the best I could (these boards were a great help), I brought home a beautiful little B. albiceps yesterday. I already love the amazing little creature to bits!

Also looking to get a new scorpion, feels sad to see the empty terrarium just standing there (resisting the urge to get another T in it, haha).

Anyway, hello to you all from a Swedish girl in Norway *waves* :D

Attachments

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had to part with all my brachy's due to a hypersensitivity to the hairs... But after seeing your B.albiceps, I sure miss mine! They were one of my favorites!

Congrats and Welcome to the addiction. :clap:

If you are new to T' ownership all together, I suggest you look over the sticky posts at the top of the boards... There is a ton of info that can answer some of your questions you may have.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Mycket bra val:) Du har också Phalagorn´s Svenska kryp forum som är väldigt bra, om du kan läsa svenska:p

Good choice of theraphosid, i regret a little that i sold my B. albiceps

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice! Well, it's only more T's from here on; not less. {D

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
welcome to the boards...and soon to TA (tarantulas anonymous) you will get addicted.....its much like pokemon or Mcdonalds toys,,,,,,you gotta get em all......
Very beautiful Tarantula by the way,,,Im going to add one to my collection.
~Aaron

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Welcome :) You may learn very well from this site ! Even you being a new person is making me jealous of you ;)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
welcome to the boards! I'll tell you from experience that tarantulas are addictive. I got ONE to go to college with, and within a few months, I've got 4! You'll love it here!

Mara

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

And yeah, the addiction is becoming clearer to me, haha. Guess I have to move to a bigger place :D
The hairs don't seem to bother me too much actually, seems I can count myself lucky for that. Got a fair dose the first day since the guy at the pet store was too scared to get it himself :rolleyes:

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Welcome, and you could not have picked a better looking brachy, I have 4{D

PIG-