New T mid molt when opening

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
If it's still stuck in the molt now it's probably not going to make any more progress. This doesn't always work, if you have steady hands it helps, but as a last resort what you can do is moisten a cotton swab with luke warm water and gently try to rub the old exo off the spider, if it still peels back your in luck.

The longer you wait the more the new exoskeleton will harden, thus making it more difficult to remove. I'm sorry to hear about this...really sucks. I hope it can pull through, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Thanks I did remove some of the loose old exo afraid to do anything else. Seller recommended leaving it alone so that's what I'll do I guess. Just sucks.

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Thanks I did remove some of the loose old exo afraid to do anything else. Seller recommended leaving it alone so that's what I'll do I guess. Just sucks.
My little A. minatrix has a worse molt and is still waiting for its first molt, but is alive and feisty. If it is still stuck at this point, I would suggest trying to remove the old exo from the legs or if that is not possible, amputating the legs. My A. minatrix lost 4 legs, both pedipalps, and three of those remaining legs are deformed.

If your spider survives the first week for its exo to harden up after removing the old exo/legs then you could refer to my thread to see how I am taking care of my disabled spider, and if you PM me or tag me I would be happy to offer advice and help if I can.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
My little A. minatrix has a worse molt and is still waiting for its first molt, but is alive and feisty. If it is still stuck at this point, I would suggest trying to remove the old exo from the legs or if that is not possible, amputating the legs. My A. minatrix lost 4 legs, both pedipalps, and three of those remaining legs are deformed.
If your spider survives the first week for its exo to harden up after removing the old exo/legs then you could refer to my thread to see how I am taking care of my disabled spider, and if you PM me or tag me I would be happy to offer advice and help if I can.
+1
This.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire

Thanks I think I actually did read it last night and thank you all help will be appreciated. Feel like I'm stuck I do want to help but unsure and me experience. And seller has said to let it alone so I don't know. Hoping to hear back from him soon.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Thanks he got back with me last night asked how it was going. I told him. And I've emailed again this morning to touch base with him. On a positive note that A. Metallica and freebie C. Darlingi are doing fine at least. Stinks though this one is the reason for the order we got the metallica since we were already paying shipping so I told my wife to look and she really liked it and it is beautiful by the way really glad we got it. Am a little worried about the darlingI though lol new to this and heard it was a more defensive spider. But on the flip side it's any about .5" so we can grow with it
No need to worry about the C. Darlingi, they're a look but don't touch sp. as long as you respect the T then there will be no problems.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
well good news i think given the situation. seems it has cast off one side of rear legs. there still attached to the other rear legs which are still attached to the spider. just wanted to update everyone. thanks @N1ghtFire any suggestions from here. fixing to contact seller again also. i dont want to let it just die but im afraid to do anything without talking to him.

Last edited:

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
well good news i think given the situation. seems it has cast off one side of rear legs. there still attached to the other rear legs which are still attached to the spider. just wanted to update everyone. thanks @N1ghtFire any suggestions from here. fixing to contact seller again also. i dont want to let it just die but im afraid to do anything without talking to him.
Pic would be helpful.

It will probably drop the other two legs if needed. Usually the spider knows what's best. Just make sure the spider had water available, the molt already takes a lot out of them, plus loosing the legs and your little guy is gonna be really worn out and will beed to hydrate again.

When my spider was out of its molt I put some water drips on its fangs or put its mouth in a water cap with a few drops of water so it could drink.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
ok i will get some pics of it first thing in the morning of how it is now. i have dripped water a couple times and set its mouth in a shallow bottle cap when i checked it earlier after i found the legs cast off on the one side. thanks

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
ok i will get some pics of it first thing in the morning of how it is now. i have dripped water a couple times and set its mouth in a shallow bottle cap when i checked it earlier after i found the legs cast off on the one side. thanks
That's great to hear, he's making some progress at least, hope all goes well from here on in.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I continue to be hopeful for any and all progress.

Stay in contact with seller, absolutely; but don't feel you can't care for your own T is it needs some assistance. It's not your fault you received a T that moulted in transit -- and while I usually agree to leave Ts alone -- this was a special circumstance.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone again. @N1ghtFire Here are some pics. Can't get a good shot keeps showing up dark. What I'm noticing now and I hope it's just how it's holding them. The front legs and pedipalps seem to twisted all over the mouth area 20170610_094805.jpg 20170610_094741.jpg

Last edited:

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
Thanks everyone again. Here are some pics. Can't get a good shot keeps showing up dark. What I'm noticing now and I hope it's just how it's holding them. The front legs and pedipalps seem to twisted all over the mouth area View attachment 242884 View attachment 242885
It's pedipalps was actually hooked under it's gang so I used a soft paintbrush and worked it out from under it. Seems to have opened it up. Doesn't seem to have great mobility with the legs it has worried about it's ability to eat if it does pull through. I just put a drop of water on it's mouth area. And yesterday moved it to a deli container with damp towel in the bottom. I did roll it over last night amd it was in a different spot this morning. Forgot to mention that. Also noticed one fang is tucked in like I always see them but the other it has stretched out guess you could say. Pics don't do alot of justice tries with and without flash. I guess it being black it always just got dark right as the pic took. Not sure why.

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It's pedipalps was actually hooked under it's gang so I used a soft paintbrush and worked it out from under it. Seems to have opened it up. Doesn't seem to have great mobility with the legs it has worried about it's ability to eat if it does pull through. I just put a drop of water on it's mouth area. And yesterday moved it to a deli container with damp towel in the bottom. I did roll it over last night amd it was in a different spot this morning. Forgot to mention that. Also noticed one fang is tucked in like I always see them but the other it has stretched out guess you could say. Pics don't do alot of justice tries with and without flash. I guess it being black it always just got dark right as the pic took. Not sure why.
What are you using to take the Images?

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
I continue to be hopeful for any and all progress.

Stay in contact with seller, absolutely; but don't feel you can't care for your own T is it needs some assistance. It's not your fault you received a T that moulted in transit -- and while I usually agree to leave Ts alone -- this was a special circumstance.
What are you using to take the Images?
Phone

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
Are there still two legs stuck in the molt? I can't really tell much from the pictures. Is it also able to flip itself over after you've turned it on your back?

If it moved around some then that's a good sign at least. As long as its fangs are okay it would be able to eat. You'd just have to hand feed it if it couldn't hold the food.

It's first week after the molt and its first meal are the most important steps.

Bhickman

Arachnosquire
When I get back home I will try again. I did remove the 2 it cast off. From the rest of molt. I don't think it can flip on it's own I have been leaving it on it's legs not it's back I just flipped it for the pic. I put it's mouth in water earlier and it started flailing around so I pulled it back away. And flipped and put droplet on it's fang/mouth area