New T hobbiest!!! Question about pamphobeteus Esmeraldas.

Dayne

Arachnopeon
I was told that the pamphobeteus Esmeraldas was a rare T. I found one for sale for 119 it's a juvenile. Is that a good price??

Attachments

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I would say "yes, that's a good price" basing that opinion only about the fact that certain T's in the U.S are priced like not even the useless garbage V.I.P & rich loves to buy in N.Y Fifth Avenue.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
yeah, for one that looks to be around 2.5". try to get a good look at the ventral, always be cautious of getting ripped off, they may be trying to unload a male.

Vezon

Arachnopeon
I have a dealer close to me who is selling unsexed 3-4" specimens for $80 a piece.

Vezon

Arachnopeon
If they are 3-4" they are not "unsexed", they are male. Trust me on this one.
They only sex by molt, and they don't always have their stuff molt before they take it to shows to sell. However, if you don't know the people and their business practices, then I wouldn't take the risk personally.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
So they aren't very rare then
Who cares if it's rare or not. If you like it buy it.. Its a fair price for that species..

No one but you is going to care if you have a rare T.. I have Ts that are common and colorful and I have Ts that are hard to come by and poop brown.. Guess which ones people ooh and ahhh over. No one gets excited over poop ;).

Dayne

Arachnopeon
Who cares if it's rare or not. If you like it buy it.. Its a fair price for that species..

No one but you is going to care if you have a rare T.. I have Ts that are common and colorful and I have Ts that are hard to come by and poop brown.. Guess which ones people ooh and ahhh over. No one gets excited over poop ;).
Lmao fair enough!!

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
new2 003.JPG Pampho mature males are one of the most colorful Ts in the hobby. The catch is once they are a mature male they only live a year or less, but even if you get a male you usually can find a female eventually. This is Pamphobetus Platyomma.

Last edited: