New T coming

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
I'm new to raising T's and I have a Mexican Fire Leg coming...I ordered from trantulacages.com which I believe is RobC from the YouTube videos...anyhow, I'm very excited. Any suggestions anyone has is very welcome. I've done plenty of research, but I welcome any and all advice. Anyhow my little monster should be here today by 3pm eastern time! I'll try to post pics he/she will be a spiderling .25 in size.:drool:

Rue

Arachnoknight
That's exciting! Congrats! I'm also getting my first T's ever...as soon as it's safe to ship them.

Take some pictures!

Lolita

Arachnoknight
the only advice i have for them is be prepared to have hairs kicked constantly my 2 boehmei's are my kickiest brachy's they even kick hairs at their roaches

Rue

Arachnoknight
LOL...I'm not worried/scared about getting bit...but the thought of hairs all over the place is not appealing...

Which is, in part, why I chose a G. pulchra as my terrestrial...they're supposed to be among the least kicky.

...how much you want to bet I end up with the kickiest G. pulchra ever? :rolleyes:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LOL...I'm not worried/scared about getting bit...but the thought of hairs all over the place is not appealing...

Which is, in part, why I chose a G. pulchra as my terrestrial...they're supposed to be among the least kicky.

...how much you want to bet I end up with the kickiest G. pulchra ever? :rolleyes:
I bet 1 G.Pulchripes

CONGRATS on the new T, Fire Legs are beautiful!

kaydyn1512

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just an FYI

RobC isn't associated with tarantulacages.com he has his own website on arachnophiles in case anyone is interested
http://robc.arachnophiles.com/ I just thought I would correct that before new people take that as fact.

And congratulations on the new T. B boehmei arejust beautiful but they really are horrible hair kickers. But once you have them out, they calm down tremendously.

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
RobC isn't associated with tarantulacages.com he has his own website on arachnophiles in case anyone is interested
http://robc.arachnophiles.com/ I just thought I would correct that before new people take that as fact.

And congratulations on the new T. B boehmei arejust beautiful but they really are horrible hair kickers. But once you have them out, they calm down tremendously.
Thanks I saw that and meant to change it earlier...lol Adam Hundt is his name...:D

Also good luck with your new T as well, and thanks for the advice and I will post pics later

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
My new T~ Hades

IMG_0207.jpg

:D

about 1-1.25 inch Mexican Fireleg

Thanks Adam Hundt from tarantulacages.com

Lolita

Arachnoknight
lol that looks like about the size of scarlet my little girl and awesome names by the way lol if gaia turns out to be male i'm copy cating your name choice

newspidermom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol...my girl's name is Scarlet too. Scarlet O'Hairy to be exact. Ya... get ready for the hair flicking. I often think I should rename her Flicka. Just watch your face leaning over her enclosure cause if it does flick those hairs will float right up to your face and you won't know it until your itching like a mother. My girl was about 1.5" when I got her a little over a year ago. Now she's about 4.5"! She's a pig! Here she is in her munching pose eating a cricket.

Last edited:

sssargent1977

Arachnopeon
Flicka, haha! Yeah Hades has done that already!

@ newspidermom...she's a beauty! And I hope mines a pig too... :)