New t arrived with molt issues

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I’ve just received a T(a. geniculata juvenile) and notice that the seller sent it to me with an old part of the last molt sticked on the carapace. I offered food and the spider is eating. Should I be worried? They should have taken off immediately but it’s now dry. Also I’ve noticed that a tiny bit her legs were fluttering. And while eating and during the happy dance the spider jumped all of a sudden. (first time saw happy dance though) What to do?:(
Thanks!!

Attachments

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
There's really no need to do anything. This can happen sometimes and it's certainly not going to cause a problem. The spider will shed it next molt.

Honestly IMO the seller did the right thing by not trying to remove it; they would have probably ended up causing more damage than good.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Agree with @Neonblizzard .That type of molt issue is a non-issue.It will fall off,or molt off later.No worries,IMO.

Also,thanks for giving us a picture that tells whats going on.I wish more would do this.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It will possibly fall off down the road it’s not going to interfere with its well being. Great looking tarantula!

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Yeah like others said it's probably not an issue, if the spider is able to do everything it suppose to do I wouldn't worry about it and just wait for next molt to happen and it more than likely will come off with the next molt :) just keep the enclosure moist and humid and by doing that it may even come off before the molt but either way it will come out either now or when it molts :) I dont know if this is the first tarantula you own but if he or she gets overly big and shiny abdomen congrats because its premolt sign :) its very easy to tell when new worlds are in premolt but it can be difficult to tell with old worlds

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Thank you 😊
No,I have 4 in total,but never seen anything like this before,as it didn’t happen under my care! Yes he/she eats well,seem to be enjoying the new home!My beautiful baby (but she’s mu biggest T,so now I want more “bigger”one,and also thinking of getting into OW’s so planning to get a juvie p. irminia heehee)
Thanks everybody 😊😊

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Thank you 😊
No,I have 4 in total,but never seen anything like this before,as it didn’t happen under my care! Yes he/she eats well,seem to be enjoying the new home!My beautiful baby (but she’s mu biggest T,so now I want more “bigger”one,and also thinking of getting into OW’s so planning to get a juvie p. irminia heehee)
Thanks everybody 😊😊
P.irminia are great yes :) I hear a.geniculata does get about 8 inches long so yeah they are pretty big spiders